RadCaz

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:10 pm

Ok, I have the original game, manuals, code wheel, yadda yadda but I was trying to run it in WinUAE for sh*ts an' giggles.

I have my original A500, and probably the best way to play, but in WinAUE, how does one swap disks? Ya know, Poolrad asks for disk two, and I'm sure it's something easy that I'm missing but...

I'm a n00b when it comes to WinUAE so apologies around. Any help would be much appreciated. :)

And, I got Poolrad on GOG but it's only the DOS version. Wait, what? 8 colors max, blips and bleeps for music. I seem to remember the Amiga version was far far superior. What say you?

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:07 pm

F12 brings up the WinUAE menu while emulating, go to the floppy drives section. Can try to use all the floppy drives but you might need to increase memory for all those drives. Otherwise go to df0 oro df1 and browse to the next disk and hit ok.

It would be better to make a hard drive in the emulator with Workbench and then install the game onto the drive. However if I recall Radiance needed you to launch it from the shell when it was on the hard drive, so it's kind of a pain, but was worth it for me. Also recommend clicking any NTSC settings you can find, as it runs and looks correct in that mode, but emulators default to PAL. And yes, it is a million times better on the Amiga.

Return to “Games”