intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:58 pm

IMG_0495.jpg
Behold, a mid-life crisis conquest in all its spectacular glory.

I nearly got one of these a year ago when an old Amiga dealer's stock was being cleared out of storage in southern Washington. I was probably just 5 minutes away from snagging it, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

Then, a few weeks ago, I found another. The price it was being offered for was far higher than I wanted to pay so I contacted the gentleman and we struck a deal. I got wrist slapped by Ebay for going outside their system (they have a fancy algorithm that can tell when you do such a thing).
This wood-and-canvas Commodore Amiga Director’s Chair is a souvenir of a Commodore “Multimedia Live!” press conference held in New York City during the early 1990’s.
IMG_0492.jpg
I've actually been talking quite a bit with the seller who was the editor for Videography Magazine from the 1980s all the way up to 1999. He's agreed to do a short interview with me later this month, which I'm very much looking forward to. He covered some pretty cool stuff during his long tenure at the magazine, and of course "The Amiga People" were a big part of that scene for quite a while.

Anyway, as I'm finally at a place where I'm starting to really focus on the aesthetics of my Retro Cave, this is going to be one of my crown jewels. It just so happens to be a near perfect size for Graham, too, when he's by my side.

So is this what mid-life crises feel like? It's a pretty comfortable view from where I'm sitting.
IMG_0490.jpg

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:33 pm

I didn't know these were a thing. Totally cool, man.

Looking forward to that interview too.

Return to “Conquests”