intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:18 am

I have to double-check, but I'm dang near done collecting Infocom titles going forward expect, potentially of the unopened variety. And those only seem to sprout up maybe once a year at best. And at least to me - the titles matter. I'm not the type to collect every single game ever made by a company - only the games I have played, or want to play some day. That's it.

Of course, that's still a fairly decent sized list.

And for me, getting the Amiga and Commodore 128 versions of the games - which sport full 80-column glory - is a huge draw.

As such, may I present my latest Infocom acquisition: Bureaucracy, by Douglas Adams, for the Commodore 128.
IMG_6937.jpg

It is in Very Good condition, some might say pristine, and has all of its feelies accounted for. It is not as insanely perfect as the Amiga version I snagged last year still in the original shrink wrap, but it's about as good as an opened version can be. Plus, since it's open, I will actually play this one!
IMG_6939.jpg
IMG_6940.jpg
IMG_6944.jpg
That's not just a copy of Paranoia Magazine, it's a checklist - and quiz - for the suitably paranoid.

IMG_6946.jpg
This new employee document is making me feel like a character in Brazil...

IMG_6947.jpg
If you weren't creeped out enough how about some fancy 1950's styled marketing for your new home?

IMG_6945.jpg
This IS a bureaucracy, so some paperwork will be involved. And it comes complete with carbon copies, for your records.

I look forward to diving into this game this year. Just reading through the included paperwork and magazines really makes me miss our old friend Mr. Adams. It's time to get reacquainted, I think.

And yes, it works. =)
IMG_6941.jpg
The autobooting feature of some C128 software is just SO cool.

IMG_6942.jpg
Packing a double-sided disk into a 2Mhz machine with C128 still requires a little bit of patience. But it's part of the process. Be like water, my friend.

IMG_6943.jpg
The first screen you see looks like a bureaucratic warning. The game has already begun!

the_chad

Posted Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:26 pm

Thanks for posting the feelies. This is really great!

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:29 pm

Oh that is fabulous. Congratulations. That is a collection worth insuring.

Return to “Conquests”