wildcopper
Seattle, WA

Posted Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:38 pm

Hi all - I'm so happy with this eBay find that I want to share it here with people who will understand.

About a week ago I woke up around 4a and couldn't sleep. I started trawling eBay and what appeared but a working Amiga 1000 and 1080 monitor in original boxes for $350 w/ free shipping! The photos and description were poor but it showed it booted to the Kickstart screen on the 1080. I figured what did I have to lose? Today it arrived and it is such a cool system. :D

My first experience with Amiga was in the late 80s with the Amiga 500 - and later I bought a 3000 and then a 1200.
I missed out on the early days of Amiga with the 1000 (had a Commodore 64 and then 128D).

In any case, here are some photos:

The computer is in amazingly good condition. What initially looked like a bit of yellowing turned out to be just dirt. That's a first! It has the 256KB RAM expansion but otherwise appears to be stock.

The monitor works great - but does have a very small chip that looks like a speck of dirt but isn't. Not that I'm complaining.

No manuals or kickstart disks but I created one of Kickstart 1.3 with my Kryoflux and she booted right up.

Finally, I want to say a huge thanks to this site for all of the amazing A1000 (and other Amiga) resources. I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun with this first of the miracle machine of the 80s.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:21 pm

CONGRATS!!!

Wow - what an incredible deal! You really hit the jackpot, and they both look super minty fresh. Amazing find!

And welcome to the club! <3 <3

dalek
Australia

Posted Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:43 am

What a score :) Have fun with it!

/me sets alarm for 4am.....

m4d

Posted Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:48 pm

Wow that's a total steal at that price! (at least by Euro measures)
The system looks really nice I have to say and I just love that classic 1080 look!

Return to “Conquests”