JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:48 am

I've been on a bit of a tear over the past year or two, snapping up parts and software.

Two recent acquisitions are another 1080 monitor in fantastic shape, to go with one of the two A1000's I've acquired. I was in the process of retro-brighting the most recent A1000 this past weekend (the case was extremely yellowed, keyboard not so bad), and discovered after removing the shielding panel that there was a Spirit 1000 board installed :)

I've yet to start this latest one up, as I still need to remove the motherboard and other components to enable retro-brighting the bottom of the case and the rear panel. But, I reckon I'll need to start researching the Spirit board, to get familiar with it. Either this particular machine or the other bone-stock A1000 will get the new ROM-switcher board I just ordered from OSVG:

https://store.osvg.net/index.php/product/a1000ks-kit2

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=540

On second thought, I might just keep the bone-stock A1000 as it is, and install the ROM-switcher in the one that has the Spirit board in it - provided there's room or if it's even possible. Anyone have any experience with Spirit boards in A1000's?

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I should probably start another post for other goodies I've recently acquired.

Return to “Conquests”