gordanian
Green Camp, Ohio

Posted Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:36 pm

Yesterday I drove 200 miles to save a couple of Amigas from a dark tomb. Back in January I had purchased a couple of Super genlocks from a seller on ebay. When I recieved my package he had a hand written letter stating that he lived in my state and had a bunch more stuff if I was interested....of coarse I was! We emaild back and forth for awhile and told me it would take him awhile to dig it all out......hes an older gentleman. Then I never heard from him again. I decided to get in touch with him at the end of July. He promptly responded apologized for taking so long....he got sidetracked. So yesterday I made the trek to his place and picked up these beautiful A3000s .... 3 monitors.... A ton of software and misc hardware. He used to do commercials for businesses including honda. The units are decked out with toasters and other boards....what a score!
20210815_194610.jpg

dalek
Australia

Posted Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:39 pm

#worthit !!!

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:25 am

Wow, that is amazing. Did he have any examples of the work he did? It would be great to hear his story of how he used them. What software did you get?

gordanian
Green Camp, Ohio

Posted Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:56 am

No examples of work so far...but there are some cd's that say backups so crossing fingers. Software consists of paint to 3d 4d video production and about every cg package available....and some games

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:51 am

Awesome find! Man, I could never get so lucky...

I've never owned an A3000, so not really at all familiar with them (other than their SIPP RAM requirements). One of these days I'll snag one, to add to my collection.

I'm envious! Congrats...

gordanian
Green Camp, Ohio

Posted Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:09 am

I felt the same way too joeuser. Reading about people and watching videos of mega finds... thinking too myself that would be nice. To be honest I'm pumped about it. Now I have 2-1000s 2- 500s 2-2000s and 2-3000s. I still wanna get a 1200 and 600.

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:28 am

gordanian wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:09 am
I still wanna get a 1200 and 600.
They're both very, very expensive to acquire, sadly. I'm holding out for an A1200 rescue or parts donor, then fix it as needed (only because of the insane auction prices). Not really interested in an A600, seems like an oddball machine, IMO.

iljitsch

Posted Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:41 am

Even mass market machines such as the 1200 and 600 very expensive today? What kind of numbers are we talking about?

(I hate myself for getting rid of stuff like my "backup 1200" and CRTs in 2009...)

The A600 wasn't very well received back in the day, but today it's actually pretty useful, as it has IDE and PCMCIA over the A500.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:36 pm

Gorgeous pickup Gordanian! <3

What is the Badge # on that monitor in the photo on the far-left on top of the A3K? Does it support both video modes, like the 1084S?

DarrenHD

Posted Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:41 pm

Wow awesome score! Can you post some photos of the inside of the machines? Thanks!

Return to “Conquests”