Appee

Posted Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:36 pm

I have no business spending the money, but the deal was too good. I was 8th in line on Amibay and lied to myself and said I wouldn't get it if somehow it got to my place in line. So for just under 400 bucks plus transfer fees I have an 030 accelerated Amiga 1200 coming with a nice sized harddrive in it. I'm thrilled because it's NTSC and so I can use my monitors. Now I have to resist going crazy on upgrades since it has my first upgraded already in it. Now I just have to hope customs and shipping doesn't break it.

McTrinsic

Posted Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:18 pm

Awesome!

I’d say the A1200 is already equipped with the relevant things if it has an 030, so I assume it’s accelerated and equipped with some Ram. IDE is built in anyway.

What you might consider longterm is a flickerfixer/scandoubler such as the IndivisionAGA.

… and maybe a Freeway USB clockport adapter for convenience.

But most of all: have fun with it!!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:42 am

Sensational deal - congrats!!

Appee

Posted Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:17 pm

My A1200 has arrived. Sadly it'll take some work to get working. I'm not booting it until I've opened it as it hasn't been recapped. That and I haven't opened it yet as I'm not emotionally prepared to see what's causing a rattling sound. You never know what customs is going to do when there is an RF shield involved and the system is coming from a Latinx island. I'll brace myself for tonight when I open her up.

Appee

Posted Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:40 pm

Positive news mostly. It was the accelerators crystal that came loose. I'll order a replacement and the 1200 works stock. I gave the board a good cleaning and it'll hold until the replacement caps come in.

luvwagn

Posted Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:09 am

If you need a TF1260 card with 128mb, lemme know 😜

Return to “Conquests”