luvwagn

Posted Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:47 pm

Bought an A1000 from japan, ntsc model. Has some goodies too, a C-Ltd scsi card, and an Insider 1mb ram expansion.

PSU fan is noisy so ordered one off of Amazon. Not sure if working yet, because my retro GW monitor with composite input doesn't show the Kickstart hand or anything.

Pretty clean system, but wasn't cheap/score in that sense. Very happy!

Same week, I also scored an a1200 with tf1260 and aga rgb2hdmi and internal cf card, re-capped, new psu, etc. Fantastic!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:07 am

PSU fan is noisy so ordered one off of Amazon.
I researched this a few years ago. The original metal fan is still possible to source, but is quite expensive (iirc it was over $80).

What fan did you settle on? I have a few that "rumble" for a little while before warming up the ancient, very likely hardened bearing grease.

luvwagn

Posted Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:31 pm

intric8 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:07 am
PSU fan is noisy so ordered one off of Amazon.
What fan did you settle on?
AC Infinity AXIAL 8038, Quiet Muffin Fan, 120V AC 80mm x 38mm Low Speed, UL-Certified for DIY Cooling Ventilation Exhaust Projects https://a.co/d/5A0xTBP

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:55 pm

AC Infinity AXIAL 8038
Thanks for the info! I'll check it out. :boing: <3

luvwagn

Posted Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:31 pm

i got the fan installed, yay - works fine. i may migrate to a laptop brick style PSU in the future that sits external, and then uses a PicoPSU --> Amiga Adapter --> A1000, and frees up space inside the case as well. Only issue is those topping out around 120W, and I'd still want a fan to circulate air through... hmmm

Return to “Conquests”