intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:34 pm

Oh man. I've been patiently waiting for this to arrive for a while now.

You know that feeling, when you finally see that box that the postman has so nonchalantly thrown on your doorstep, without caring and feeling. But you don't care. You finally slit up the ridiculous packing tape and tear open the flaps. And there it is - your latest conquest!

Here's mine:
Desert_1.jpg
It Came from the Desert, box. Too bad about the corner getting dinged, but I'll survive.

Desert_5.jpg
Map of the city of Lizard Breath

Desert_3.jpg
Intro screen, radioactive meteor crashing into the desert - the disks work, whew!

I've always loved horror, and growing up I simply adored B-movie schtick horror flicks, probably because they made me feel good about myself for not being scared. Plus I was always mesmerized by "hand-made" effects. Gremlins blew my mind. Anyway, I can't wait to peel into this!

I swear, Cinemaware never made a bad looking game.

By the way, in case it was too random, "Them" in my post's title is a reference to this.

To learn more about this game, check out our review in the Games Library.

Note: To get the game to play properly, I had to boot into NTSC (of course) but downgrade to "Original Chip Set" (OCS) or it would fire off disk reading errors. Scary at first, but all's well.

AMIGA600

Posted Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:20 pm

OMG. that is my most favorite AMIGA game of all time. (ALL TIME. NOT JOKING)

congratulations on living theee dreeeeeaaam!!!! <3

Return to “Conquests”