UncleAwesome

Posted Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:46 am

mancave.jpg

Hi!

I registered to send a pm to bwldrbst regarding DockBot, but guess I could say hello :)
My name is Åsmund and I am from Norway. My first computer was a C64 that my older brother and I used. My brother is almost 8 years older then me and I was to young to really understand how to use the C64 proparly. I just played some games that my brother loaded up for me. I have great memories of Last Ninja, Paperboy, Winter games and summer games. Then we moved to a new house.

My brother moved out and he bought an Amiga 500 and later the 1200. I used to visit him in the early 90's and it was amazing to be with him in the summer. Listening to dance music and eating pizza everyday, looking at girls on the beach, eating hot dogs ice cream candy,,,At home everything was great but very strict compared to visiting my brother. That was another world. And of course I played Amiga games, and I made some animations, inspired by the stag disks :P My favorite games on the Amiga is Lotus 2 and Pinball Dreams. The Amiga 4000 was something I heard about, the mysterious incredibly expensive Amiga. So the Amiga represents this time with my brother.

Eventually I got a 486 computer the Compaq Presario 425, and that was the first computer that was just my own. I loved playing games like wolfenstein 3d, lion king, ports of call, blues brothers, home alone, and many more. Later I got a pentium 100mhz and I could play doom, duke nukem 3d and quake.

Now I have a c64, A500, A500+, A2000 and and A3000. And lot's of pc's, and some other stuff. I am on the hunt for A1000, A4000 and A1200. I for the most part want my computers to have old hardware. I prefer to use a serial cable connected to another win98 pc that acts like a modem, rather than using a modern solution. But it's nice with some modern solutions like a gotek on the A500 and such to have some convenience also.

When I get the 4000 and/or the 1200 I can have modern stuff on those machines. I want to make the different Amiga computers to feel different from one another.

My dream is to become a youtuber and my youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Exbg ... subscriber

Or,,I am a youtuber, but I don't make any money. I do loose money though :P

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:35 am

Welcome! Great story, thanks for taking the time to share it. I love your setup!

UncleAwesome

Posted Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:20 pm

obitus1990 wrote: Welcome! Great story, thanks for taking the time to share it. I love your setup!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:13 pm

Welcome, UncleAwesome! I very much enjoyed reading about your growing up with your big brother and the various machines. And that triple-threat setup looks great. Hope to see you around in the future as well.

UncleAwesome

Posted Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:09 am

intric8 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:13 pm
Welcome, UncleAwesome! I very much enjoyed reading about your growing up with your big brother and the various machines. And that triple-threat setup looks great. Hope to see you around in the future as well.
Thank you :D

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:51 am

Stunning photo, I am quite jealous. Love the real wood desk. That is definitely something I would like to get to, although don't know if I will manage all those CRT's in a London flat. Might have to have a switcher for that. Welcome.

Return to “Member Intros”