obitus1990
USA

Posted Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:36 pm

It was fun to play with, but, I just can't make it a daily driver. Too slow, having to start the network every time it boots manually, etc. And the Macbook is flakey -- one of the trackpad buttons doesn't work so it makes the experience even worse.

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:08 am

Ok, that has made my mind up for me. I think I should rather focus on the Amiga kit I have and emulation rather than side track down this path.

BatteMan
France

Posted Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:28 am

I'm a daily user of MorphOS since many years (decades...) !

If I can help ;)

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:34 am

Really, that is interesting. What is your online experience like. I could replace all the other office tasks, even coding and some parts of design, but are the browsers in MorphOS robust enough for modern internet life?

BatteMan
France

Posted Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:30 pm

fxgogo wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:34 am
Really, that is interesting. What is your online experience like. I could replace all the other office tasks, even coding and some parts of design, but are the browsers in MorphOS robust enough for modern internet life?
OWB was a really good piece of software for the middle of 2010 to now but, as it was and is still based on an old WebKit and more and more sites become unusable.

But Wayfarer, a new browser based on the last Webkit will be released soon (it needs MorphOS 3.14) and it'll "put the church in the middle of the town" for sure :D (this is a french expression badly translated :lol: ).

But I'm still using MorphOS daily for browsing (Twitter via Tweetdeck for example, Google Docs is ok if you use the good spoofing method, GMail works with the old interface, etc.) and others internet stuff (IRC via AmIRC, mail via IRIS, Webradio via Webradio.sbar, etc.).

If you want to know if a particular website or a particular needing can be working under MorphOS, ask me ;) I'll try (and I'll try again with Wayfarer very soon ^^).

BatteMan
France

Posted Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:47 pm

And MorphOS 3.14 and Wayfarer are now available !

And Wayfarer opens a new standard for Amiga web browser ! A lot of websites are available again to MorphOS users, and it's a big step for us ;)

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:16 am

Oh @BatteMan, you are not making my life easy. Damnit, I am going to have to check this out now... :D

BatteMan
France

Posted Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:14 am

fxgogo wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:16 am
Oh @BatteMan, you are not making my life easy. Damnit, I am going to have to check this out now... :D
All the pleasure is mine ;)

And I hope MorphOS 3.14 and Wayfarer will bring back some users to MorphOS. It deserves it in my humble opinion.

walldog

Posted Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:35 pm

Interesting this came up in the Forum. A am about to tip toe into the water here just to experience it. I have a mid-2000's powermac g4 laptop that was gifted to me. I thought this would be perfect candidate to try morph os. I just downloaded the Image and burned to CD yesterday but have not gotten to installing on the powermac. Anyway I thought that would be a good experiment. Happy to hear about your experiences with this. BR

Kevin Brice
Seattle, WA
YouTube

Posted Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:48 pm

Oh wow, I'm glad I read this thread! I had no idea MorphOS had a new browser. Gotta check that out on my Mini.

Return to “Software”