Jimbob

Posted Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:23 pm

Hi, My names James and I'm in my 40's and from Nottingham England. I started my computer journey with a Atari 2600 and my favourite games was Pitfall and centipede. My parents then got me a C64, Wizball anyone :D my favourite game was Last ninja, anyway! my fondest memories was stopping the weekend at my brothers and playing his Amiga 500.

Some of my favourite games was Grand monster slam, Stuntcar racer, Lemmings and Dungeon master, I was instantly hooked and begged and begged to get one for christmas. Back then the A500 wasn't cheap but somehow my parents musted the money up and got me one, I was so happy. Anyway I got a game called Super cars 2 and fell in love the Amiga's 8bit sound. Super cars 2 sound track was splendid I also really liked Project x's sound track too.

Nowaday's I don't get the same feel for gaming other than World of warcraft which got me hooked for a while but still do open up my emulator occasionally and play some old nostalgic games, I have never lost my love for the wonderfull soundtracks with these great games. I produce music in my spare time and play a lot of guitar, in doing so I have been able to re-create some songs/Instrumentals which I enjoy, Namely James Horner's Braveheart theme and the Supercars 2 title screen music.
Check them out here if you're Interested
Supercars 2 track-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAwmBWrxdOE
Braveheart track-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tClTpCNsEE

Anyway Thanks for taking time to read my Intro and I hope I will fit right in.

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:38 am

Hi,

you definitely fit in 😆.

Some similarities with me: Atari 2600 - I still have a 7800 with me. C64. And of course Amiga.

I also love the Braveheart Soundtrack. Some years ago I reduced my physical media, such as CDs. Just checked. I still have the CD from ‚Last of the Mohicans‘ but not Braveheart.

Welcome!!
Last edited by McTrinsic on Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jimbob

Posted Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:01 am

McTrinsic wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:38 am
Hi,

you definitely fit in 😆.

Some similarities with me: Atari 2600 - I still have a 7800 with me. C64. And of course Amiga.

In also love the Braveheart Soundtrack. Some years ago intensives my physical media, such as CDs. Just checked. I still have the CD from ‚Last of the Mohicans‘ but not Braveheart.

Welcome!!
Thanks! and Yes Last of the Mohicans was a great film and also had a good sound track, seems we have similar tastes.

McTrinsic

Posted Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:07 am

Just realized what the autocorrect function made of my text. Had to edit it again 😂

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:08 pm

Welcome Jimbob. I never had an Atari of any kind, but a couple of mates did. I do find it interesting how the Amiga lineage goes back to those Atari computers. You can see the hand of Jay Miner and others in the output of those older machines.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:59 pm

Welcome, Jimbob. Thanks for taking the plunge and being here.

True story:

When I was a youngin', I worked briefly as a delivery driver for a place called Pizza Inn in Arlington, Texas. I drove my 1963 hot rod VW bug, which wasn't the best move as it wasn't super reliable. It was insanely fast off the line when it ran, and I could even pull a scratch in 2nd gear.

Anyway, one of the other guys who worked there also as a driver - no lie - was named Jim Bob. He was a heavy metal dude and was 6 foot tall; he looked like a younger version of the lead singer of The Cult. He was a total stoner, completely harmless and really into Guns n' Roses. I think he fancied himself to be a bass player.

Anyhoo. When I see your handle I can't help but think of ol' Jim Bob, the head banger.

Jimbob

Posted Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:39 am

intric8 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:59 pm
Welcome, Jimbob. Thanks for taking the plunge and being here.

True story:

When I was a youngin', I worked briefly as a delivery driver for a place called Pizza Inn in Arlington, Texas. I drove my 1963 hot rod VW bug, which wasn't the best move as it wasn't super reliable. It was insanely fast off the line when it ran, and I could even pull a scratch in 2nd gear.

Anyway, one of the other guys who worked there also as a driver - no lie - was named Jim Bob. He was a heavy metal dude and was 6 foot tall; he looked like a younger version of the lead singer of The Cult. He was a total stoner, completely harmless and really into Guns n' Roses. I think he fancied himself to be a bass player.

Anyhoo. When I see your handle I can't help but think of ol' Jim Bob, the head banger.
Funny story mate, I also am a head banger and into metal, drawing the line closer to your ol' Jim Bob

Return to “Member Intros”