Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:44 am

intric8 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:58 am
Wow! 80%?? That kind of blows me away. I bought 4 sets myself. I wonder if there were a few "whales" in Germany that bought a ton of sets for whatever reason? Or did they just have that much more demand/customers? I would have thought the US and UK would have eaten up at least 50% combined. Amazing.
Yeah that blew me away too as myself am in it for 10 sets. And I know quite a few people in the USA that bought dozens of sets. Could it be a reseller?

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:50 am

Zippy Zapp wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:44 am
intric8 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:58 am
Wow! 80%?? That kind of blows me away. I bought 4 sets myself. I wonder if there were a few "whales" in Germany that bought a ton of sets for whatever reason? Or did they just have that much more demand/customers? I would have thought the US and UK would have eaten up at least 50% combined. Amazing.
Yeah that blew me away too as myself am in it for 10 sets. And I know quite a few people in the USA that bought dozens of sets. Could it be a reseller?
I can enlighten you here, partially. I am a member of the Forum64. I learned that the people there pooled their interest for those keycaps and ordered a quite large amount of keycaps, for personal usage, not for reselling. The retro-community here at home is pretty large. :D

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:19 pm

Well that is cool and a great way to do it. I am not sure why everyone doesn't want these but clearly not as big seller in the USA. Maybe that will change when he starts selling them in his shop. I know a few people that were passing until they were available and in stock because of the bad experience with the Phase5 debacle.

JimDrew
LHC, AZ

Posted Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:08 pm

So, after what seems like forever - I have samples of the final production keycaps! We are working out the printing details right now, and I expect to have final real printed samples in mid-October. If those are good, then we are a go for shipping! There will be information posted in the Indiegogo campaign (as an update) about how to select the colors for the sets that you backed.
kbd1.jpg
kbd2.jpg
kbd3.jpg
kbd4.jpg

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:35 pm

Looks good. With the keyboard in the background that has a mix of old and new keys is there any difference that you can tell or do they look 100% genuine next to the real caps? Just curious as they look fantastic.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:28 am

Thanks for the update, Jim. I've recently played around on the color selector site and I think I am ready to choose my colors.

JimDrew
LHC, AZ

Posted Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:29 am

Zippy Zapp wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:35 pm
Looks good. With the keyboard in the background that has a mix of old and new keys is there any difference that you can tell or do they look 100% genuine next to the real caps? Just curious as they look fantastic.
They are 100% exact, within the resolution of the scan used for reference and the plastic tolerance is +/- 0.003". Commodore only wished that they could get that kind of tolerance between different molds. :)

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:32 pm

JimDrew wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:29 am
They are 100% exact, within the resolution of the scan used for reference and the plastic tolerance is +/- 0.003". Commodore only wished that they could get that kind of tolerance between different molds. :)
LOL. That's awesome. Nice Job. Like yours, my clear case has been waiting for some translucent keys!

JimDrew
LHC, AZ

Posted Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:14 pm

In case anyone missed it - you can now select your colors for the keycap sets that you backed. About 50% of the backers have already picked their colors. The deadline is the 16th, after I will place the order for 3000 sets of keycaps.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:58 pm

JimDrew wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:14 pm
In case anyone missed it - you can now select your colors for the keycap sets that you backed. About 50% of the backers have already picked their colors. The deadline is the 16th, after I will place the order for 3000 sets of keycaps.
Message received, colors picked! Thanks, Jim. :D

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”