3D-vice
Germany

Posted Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:17 am

Hey guys,

I just stumbled over a neat new device for our beloved Amiga 500 / 600 / 1200. It's called the GOEX. It is meant to be a plug-and-play device which can be included into the cases of the above mentioned computers, without the necessity of modifying the cases.

Here is an interesting YouTube-video from The Guru Meditation: Have a look!
And here is where you can purchase those: CenturionTech

What do you guys think? Does anyone of you already own a GOEX?

obitus1990
USA

Posted Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:25 pm

I bought one of these in late 2019, I think. It's neat in that it already has the form factor needed to fit right into an A1200 without needing to do a separate 3D printed bracket, and, the built in dial is nicer than the Gotek's buttons and having to add a rotary encoder, and the speaker is built in versus having to add your own piezo buzzer. It also takes an SD card vs a USB, if I remember right (I think you can add a USB port if you want it?). I haven't messed with it since adding it to the ReAmiga 1200 I built. Other than that, it doesn't have any additional functionality over a modded Gotek. For someone who doesn't like to DIY and such, it is a good solution.

I also modded mine to add the blue pill, per Keir Fraser's FlashFloppy/OSD page on GitHub. It's pretty cool having the OSD, but, it involved soldering leads from the bluepill adapter onto the R/G/B and sync lines on the motherboard of the 1200. I wonder if he has found a solution that doesn't require the soldering?

Return to “Hardware”