webman

Posted Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:33 am

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but interesting idea. Only for OCS systems so far:

https://github.com/c0pperdragon/Amiga-Digital-Video

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:40 pm

That does look interesting. I am then wondering if we can do some post processing with the Pi to get some CRT feel back in the image. I am sure that will hit the response times a bit, but for productivity work, that would not be a huge issue.

jdryyz

Posted Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:12 am

Although not specifically mentioned on c0pperdragon's site, I think it would be possible to use it in an A1000 also. The Daphne chip only differs from Denise in the lack of EHB mode. They should be PIN-compatible otherwise.

TommyE

Posted Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:23 pm

jdryyz wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:12 am
Although not specifically mentioned on c0pperdragon's site, I think it would be possible to use it in an A1000 also. The Daphne chip only differs from Denise in the lack of EHB mode. They should be PIN-compatible otherwise.
Waiting for my board any day now, will be put into one of my A1000´s, will report back :)

Regards
Tommy

jdryyz

Posted Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:37 pm

Cool! I look forward to your report!

Seb132
Gold Coast, Australia

Posted Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:49 am

It's a fantastic little board and kipper2k has already redesigned it to fit in an A600 with a PCB "surrounding" the Super Denise of this cute little Amiga.
Works very well (see EAB thread).

@jdryyz: I'm looking forward to your attempt in Amiga 1000 as it will be a natural move for me too for my stock A1000... need a good idea for the HDMI connector too...

jdryyz

Posted Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:09 pm

I think you meant to direct that to TommyE.

I am not waiting on the HDMI adapter. Although, that may change depending on his experience. :)

Seb132 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:49 am

@jdryyz: I'm looking forward to your attempt in Amiga 1000 as it will be a natural move for me too for my stock A1000... need a good idea for the HDMI connector too...

jdryyz

Posted Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:14 am

Looks like making it work with the A1000 has some challenges:

https://github.com/c0pperdragon/Amiga-D ... /issues/28

ubermick
California, via Cork

Posted Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:44 pm

My V2 board is on the way, should be here Monday which works with ECS. I'll be stuffing it inside my newly arrived A500+ and will report back. (Well, once I get a US power supply sorted...)

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:47 pm

Ok here are the results from my first fire up after installation and my jaw was on the floor. But I am getting ahead of myself.
closeup.jpg
Here is the board, made by Abrugsch on RMCretro Discord, with the Pi Zero board all in the Amiga 500. It was super easy to install.
board in case.jpg
And here it is as I switched it on for the first time.
workbench.jpg
Workbench never looked so good to me, even if it did not have that warm glow from a CRT.
MI.jpg
And lastly, a quick test of a game. Monkey Island gushing forth.

So I still need to dive down into the settings and permanently install the cables, but this machine just became a very quick and easy way for me to play Amiga games on real hardware in a confined space. Definitely can recommend this.

Return to “Hardware”