Seb132
Gold Coast, Australia

Posted Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:50 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm a French guy who migrated for work in Australia in 2008 and stayed until then to the point now that I call this place home. I've had Amiga computers since 1991 (a bit late already) and my entry in engineering school. I was 20 years old at that time.
I long time only had one Amiga 1200, with a Blizzard 040, installed in a PC tower in 1993, with a 1942 monitor, and that was a machine I have been using daily up to 2005 (I still have it and enjoy it). I also had around 1996 an A4000D with Cyberstorm 060 MK1 and PicassoII. However, I have never really used that machine until recently...
Since 2008 and the increase of my buying power, I have started to acquire the machines I was dreaming of, starting with the A4000T, with PicassoIV cards (with all modules) and all possible hardware you can think of,
I now have a large collection of machines exclusively dedicated to this machine and I own all models except the Amiga 3000 Tower and the CDTV. I have a minimum of 2 machines of each sort, except for the Amiga 3000 Desktop and the CD32 (I only have one of these... for now).
Still having an address in France helps for purchasing Amiga stuff, and once every 5-6 years, I'm sending to myself in Australia a wood crate with everything I purchased in France during the period.
I am living on the Gold Coast, near Brisbane, East coast of Australia.
I have seen some very interesting topics on this forum and that's why I decided to join this community too... ;)
Sebastien

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:55 am

Welcome! I've always wanted to live there myself. Maybe one day, I'll find the time and get to visit.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:57 am

Welcome, Sebastien! Glad to have you here. Thank you so much for telling us your journey. You collection sounds fantastic. I have a fairly large one, too, but none of the AGA nor towered machines. I'd love to find an A3000T some day, although that one does seem incredibly hard to find (and yeah, really pricey).

Would love to see pics of the A1200 you've had since you were a young man.

BatteMan
France

Posted Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:44 am

Hé Seb ! Toi aussi ;) (translation : "you are here ;) ")

Glad and happy to see you here!

TenLeftFingers

Posted Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:43 pm

Hi Seb. Nice idea to send the crates from France. I have a theory that there is always an Amiga component in transit around the world at any given time :)

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:14 pm

Hello Sebastian. Had a similar journey to you, just from the U.K. to South Africa and back again after 10 years. Did manage to pick a large A1200 haul in Cape Town. One of my biggest regrets was I was offered a full BBC setups or free. I mean monitor, disks, machines, everything. But I took too long to pick it up, so they threw it in the bin.

What’s your plan with your setup?

Return to “Member Intros”