maurensen

Posted Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:05 pm

Hi mates,
Just want to share my first impressions about the classic hc 520 expansion board i bought for my amiga 1000 from the good people at amedia computers France.
The bad: the card has absolutely no original packaging and zero documentation included, you have to source by yourself the kickstart and the os(opposite of the ACA where all is included), there is IMHO a very obsolete nowadays ide connector, the card is little pricey, you can have only one kickstart installed
The good: the card is in a very solid build, the 020 makes the amiga 1000 flying, you have a brand new machine with that little beast. The transfer rate of the cf is a very nice 3.5 mb/s wb3 boots in less than 5 seconds, the sd card hot swap slot is very handy to transfer data from pc.
Just my frst impressions btw I'm very satisfied for now. For who is living in Europe like me i have to say that service from amedia computers France is very fast and professional and Laurent is a very nice guy!

BatteMan
France

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:35 am

Hi,

This card is a little beauty and I like it very much.
The only 'con' is the loading of the kickstart in the Classic 520 (need to switch a jumper and boot on a floppy).

You can see what I did with it on this thread : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1171 <3

maurensen

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:05 am

Yes this board is very nice and I've watched you video very cool setup I've followed what you made with the disk case and I've made my case with an old a500 psu. Thanks mate!

BatteMan
France

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:30 am

Oh ! Happy to see this video is more or less useful ;)

A500 PSU ? Nice idea too! Can you show us some photos ? ;)

maurensen

Posted Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:52 am

Here's the result inspired by you!:-)
Btw in using kick 3.1 you're a brave man to use 1.3!:-)
Attachments
IMG_20210213_144849.jpg
IMG_20210213_144717.jpg

Return to “Hardware”