JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:08 am

I've got Toaster 4000 disks (to go with my A4000D, which I'll get to eventually), as well as disks for the A2000 and its toaster (actually, got too many spare A2000 toaster boards, now that I think about it).

Anyway, I've wanted to dabble in Lightwave, but haven't got a clue where it is in the Toaster domain, nor how to launch it. Any good tutorials or advice for a Toaster/LW noob? Groogling hasn't been kind to me, unless I'm not searching for the right things...

TIA

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:02 am

I am not a Toaster user, so not knowledgeable about the intricacies of launching Lightwave from there. I do seem to remember at some point they made the app independent of the toaster. So the version you have is important.

I have installed Lightwave on its own. I know there is an icon for it. There are also loads of downloads on the EAB FTP, but I am presuming these are cracked versions. At some, I do remember Newtek giving away the Amiga version in there forums, so the should be on the FTP.

We a have a small Amiga 3D group at the following address, and I be you could get some answers there.

https://www.amigaraytracers.com/forums ... p?f=9&t=36

Sorry I could not be more helpful, but hopefully those crumbs will lead somewhere.

Robert_MyAmigaShop
USA

Posted Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:55 am

Hi Joe,

Lee Stranahan & Desktop Images did a whole series of Video Toaster Tutorial Tapes that are excellent guides to getting started and using an Amiga Toaster System, including some great LightWave 3D tapes. In which most have been uploaded to YouTube.

To get you started you can search "Amiga Lightwave 3D Essentials" on Youtube.

Here is an image of a brochure of the tapes that were made.

Hope that helps you some. :-)

Thanks,
Robert
MyAmigaShop.com

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:46 pm

Great info, thanks guys!

Return to “Software”