primitivefunction

Posted Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:24 am

Apologies if this has been posted here before, but this is my first time seeing it and I thought others might find it interesting -

Inside Commodore by Dan Schein:

This is an informal tour of Commodore's US HQ in West Chester made for the Amiga developer community in 1988. The self-deprecating humour is refreshing; can you imagine anything like this appearing today by the likes of Microsoft or Apple with their layers of secrecy and corporate spin? I just love insights like this - little snapshots into the workings of a company who changed all of our lives for the better. It shows peak Commodore, still optimistic about the future of the Amiga. A few short years later, it would be a different story.

BTW, has anyone seen ever seen one of these Boing jackets in the wild? - I kind of want one! 8-)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:13 am

Those are great, raw videos. A little cringey at times but a fun watch. I've not seen those, personally. I only saw the one where Bil Herd walks through a mostly empty office building like out of some b-horror movie except not a lot ever happens.

I remember seeing a guy wear a kinda dorky 50's style puffy-armed jacket (the kind the jocks used to wear when I was in high school) when Amiga was a thing up here in Washington. But not that thin, track jacket type. That would be kinda cool.

I wonder what the VP of sales meant when he said, "Could y'all make it compatible, so I can use one with the other?"

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:29 am

LOL there's always that one guy.

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 9.29.00 AM.png

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:09 am

You mean the one with the bouffant hair, or the one prairie-doggin'? LOL

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:33 am

I meant the prairie dog. But I screen-captured the woman, too! Just didn't post her.

Her hair style combined with her amazing outfit left me bedazzled! Silk neck ruffles, covered with a color matched cardigan. Ah, back in the days of Final Net.

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:46 pm

Ow, I thought that still showed a dude with large hair (definitely an 80's thing, guys had hair almost as bouffant as girls, LOL).

Kinda reminds me of "That 70's Show", which I really can't watch, as it's just too damn accurate regarding the gawdawful clothes styles back then... :lol:

primitivefunction

Posted Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:05 pm

Oh yeah, the cringe factor is at 11 on some of these. For some reason I always have trouble judging people's ages from this era - some of these guys could be 17 or 37.
intric8 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:13 am
I wonder what the VP of sales meant when he said, "Could y'all make it compatible, so I can use one with the other?"
I wondered that too! Haha, no idea.

PS. Thanks for formatting my post intric8. I tried to embed the vid but couldn't get it to work.

Return to “The Lounge”