Trekiej

Posted Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:45 pm

Where can I find a bill of materials for this board?
Thanks.

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Trekiej wrote:Where can I find a bill of materials for this board?
Thanks.
I would recommend you build the newer (stickied) iteration of the board instead. The newer design fixes an issue that may turn up during manufacture and doubles as a kickstart switcher.

This Board
CPU Socket
Kickstart Socket(s) or Machined Pins
Turned Pin Headers

Additional For Switcher
1K 1206 Resistors (2x)

Trekiej

Posted Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:07 am

Many thanks, I bought the 64 pin and 40 pin sockets a while back. I have the wrong resistors.
I bought 10k 1206 instead of 1K Ohm 1206.
The 10 x 20 Way 2.54mm Turned Pin Single In Line SIL Header is the one I am stuck on getting. Thanks again.
I do have the board that has both roms side by side.
Here is my blog: https://trekie.weebly.com/

8-)

RocketRodent

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:43 am

Hey all,

I've got one of these adapters that I can't seem to get to work. I noticed that everyone has either a rev A or B A1000. I have a NTSC rev 6 A1000 with a daughter card. I've installed this following the directions and only get a blank v-synced screen. I can reverse the install and get the machine to come back to a Kickstart request as expected.

Any ideas?

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:49 am

RocketRodent wrote:Hey all,

I've got one of these adapters that I can't seem to get to work. I noticed that everyone has either a rev A or B A1000. I have a NTSC rev 6 A1000 with a daughter card. I've installed this following the directions and only get a blank v-synced screen. I can reverse the install and get the machine to come back to a Kickstart request as expected.

Any ideas?
Are you using the board revision on this post, or the updated dual version?

It is possible your PCB is defective. The single ROM version here had an unused VIA in the line going to the daughterboard DAUGEN that may become a problem if it is a low quality fabrication (a few of my JLPCB batch of boards didn't work due to this.) I experienced this first hand with the PCB that I originally sent Intric8. This is a non-issue with the newer board linked above.

You can also try using an original MASK ROM instead of an EPROM, or vice versa. I may still have a dual kickstart PCB laying around if you need.

RocketRodent

Posted Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:51 am

EzdineG wrote:
RocketRodent wrote:Hey all,

Any ideas?
Are you using the board revision on this post, or the updated dual version?

It is possible your PCB is defective. The single ROM version here had an unused VIA in the line going to the daughterboard DAUGEN that may become a problem if it is a low quality fabrication (a few of my JLPCB batch of boards didn't work due to this.) I experienced this first hand with the PCB that I originally sent Intric8. This is a non-issue with the newer board linked above.

You can also try using an original MASK ROM instead of an EPROM, or vice versa. I may still have a dual kickstart PCB laying around if you need.

Thank you for that info. I'll get one of the dual rom versions and give that a whirl.

nadoom

Posted Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:19 am

I have just put one of these together, ordered PCB's from JLCPCB, just want to say that it works perfectly, I am a complete and utter soldering noob and this is the first project I have built. Thanks very much to EzdineG for designing this and providing everything to the community.

Seeing the 3.1 boot screen on my A1000 *really* made my day.

Only had a 2.05 workbench disk.. once it finished booting I have 44 KB of free memory left :D ( had the memory expansion removed) I have 310 K now haha need to do something about that..

I did buy way more components than I needed, so if you need:

The PCB
A 68000 DIP Socket
A Rom DIP Socket
A 20 PIN PAL DIP Socket
Headers
Dupont connectors
I've got all of these going spare and happy to send them out to whoever needs em. ( I am based in the UK )

If you need the complete kit with all the bits I can send you them also.. just enough to cover the costs and PnP is all I ask.
Just DM me please.

Thanks

Nadoom

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:09 am

I know this thread is a little dated, but resurrecting it briefly.

I just ordered the complete assembled board from here.

This appears to be Version 2, which I'm hoping is the latest and best board. If anyone else has purchased one of these, did it come with detailed instructions? I can rely on this thread, but wanted to make sure that what's posted here applies to this V2 board.

I also have a TF536 board that I'm hoping will work with the board, as well.

Many thanks for the thread, I'm looking forward to ditching the KS disk!

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:04 pm

JoeUser wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:09 am
I know this thread is a little dated, but resurrecting it briefly.

I just ordered the complete assembled board from here.

This appears to be Version 2, which I'm hoping is the latest and best board. If anyone else has purchased one of these, did it come with detailed instructions? I can rely on this thread, but wanted to make sure that what's posted here applies to this V2 board.

I also have a TF536 board that I'm hoping will work with the board, as well.

Many thanks for the thread, I'm looking forward to ditching the KS disk!
Hey, Joe! The instructions at the start of this thread should be all you need. Looks like that vendor pointed you right where you needed to be!

The 68000 socket is shifted just a tad between the TF530,TF534 and TF536. Depending on the bracket and floppy drive used in your Amiga 1000, the TF536 will either "just fit" or "almost fit" but the older two boards should be fine. If you're going to run Workbench 1.3, you might want to stick with the TF530 as there are Z3 RAM considerations with the two newer boards. At minimum, it won't auto config.

Enjoy your board!

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:32 pm

Ok, good to know, appreciate the quick reply.

The only confusing part of the earlier instructions were with step 3, I didn't see where anything was connected to the chip in the photo (and a wire run to somewhere?).

Probably just wasn't paying close enough attention, I'll re-read them.

Return to “Hardware”