Kevin Brice
Seattle, WA
YouTube

Posted Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:21 am

I found a boxed copy of Final Copy 1.3.2 (March 16, 1992) at Goodwill. The FCProgram and FCExtras disk work, but it appears the previous owner reformatted FCData. Not sure if there was a fourth disk like 1.2. I can run the program without FCData by ignoring the requester, but I'd like to have the complete set. Anybody know of a copy? I'm only finding 1.2 and Final Copy II. Thanks!

BLUELiGHT

Posted Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:55 am

There's a Final Copy v1.3 on EAB FTP server in 3 disks, not sure if it's the 1.3.2 you're looking for, but perhaps it's worth a look.

Kevin Brice
Seattle, WA
YouTube

Posted Mon May 03, 2021 2:47 am

BLUELiGHT wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:55 am
There's a Final Copy v1.3 on EAB FTP server in 3 disks, not sure if it's the 1.3.2 you're looking for, but perhaps it's worth a look.
Oh hey, exactly the same disk set, down to the program disk checksum! Thanks so much!

Kevin Brice
Seattle, WA
YouTube

Posted Mon May 03, 2021 3:01 am

I'd been using a copy of the Data disk I found for 1.2 online in the meantime, and was curious what was different since the file sizes were all identical, and all but one of the file modified time stamps were the same. Looks like somebody fixed a typo from "reses" to "resis" in the PostScript prolog twice, then forgot to change the last updated date. 🙃

Return to “Software”