Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:43 pm

Last time I was able to access an SCSI hard drive was via Windows 7 Home Premium on a Dell Optiplex 380 with an AVA-2903B, I was in the process of setting up an image in WinUAE to boot my Amiga 2000, and was just about there, when I had to pack up everything and put it away for awhile. It has been 7 years now, and even in Windows 7, I had reinstalled on that Optiplex, won't update enough for me to get that SCSI card to work again. So I installed Pop OS, and the card installs, but I may need to find a cable, I really thought this was the cable I used back then, and I am fairly certain it came out of a trashed unrepairable Amiga 2000, but I could be wrong.

Is there a method to connect an older SCSI hard drive from an Amiga 2000 to a modern PC?
Attachments
SCSI 50 Pin Internal Cable.png

Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:43 pm

Swapped computers, will try this cable that was in the Amiga 2000 I'm wanting to resurrect

nonarkitten

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:23 pm

You could always use an older Mac and boot it into target mode.

McTrinsic

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:40 pm

I‘d suggest getting an SCSI2SD.

You can access the SD under Windows with WinUAE. Long-term hassle-fre me solution.

In this forum there even is a how-to that explains how to set up the SD card so you can access it from the Amiga when inserted in the SCSI2SD and also from the PC when inserted in a cardreader.

For a one-time transfer you can then use both on an Amiga.

Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:14 pm

McTrinsic wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:40 pm
I‘d suggest getting an SCSI2SD.

You can access the SD under Windows with WinUAE. Long-term hassle-fre me solution.

In this forum there even is a how-to that explains how to set up the SD card so you can access it from the Amiga when inserted in the SCSI2SD and also from the PC when inserted in a cardreader.

For a one-time transfer you can then use both on an Amiga.
Wow! To think, I had already forgotten about this, I was looking at SCSI2SD during the middle of 2020, things went south for us, and I forgot all about this option. I've been barking up the wrong dang tree looking at compatible SCSI cards...

Thank you so very much for reminding me, off I go, and thanks again McTrinsic

Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:44 pm

nonarkitten wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:23 pm
You could always use an older Mac and boot it into target mode.
The oldest Mac I have is from 2007 I think, and it's a plastic LCD iMac, I have a dual Xeon Mac Pro from 2008 but I don't think either are old enough. My Apple collection goes from IIe to IIgs skips past everything up until the 07 iMac.

Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:50 pm

Got an SCSI2SD on the way, it will be a few months before I can get the 2000 out and back together, and it will probably take me a few months to figure out what I've done in the meantime, that will give me enough time to sort out an in FS or WinUAE

McTrinsic

Posted Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:09 am

Thank you, I’m glad I could help 🙂🙏

Return to “Hardware”