intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue May 09, 2023 7:57 pm

All,

The site was updated to PHP 8.2 today (previously 7.4). This needed to happen or we'd get charged extra each month for my ISP to maintain an outdated platform.

If you see any errors pop up, do let us know on this thread.

And if you do, please note your:
  • OS
  • Browser (and version)
  • The steps you took to create the error
  • Bonus: Screenshot of the error
I've not seen anything happen at this point but my testing has not been extensive.

Thanks!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue May 30, 2023 9:48 am

The "forgot my password" page had been broken during the recent update. It has been fixed.

So... feel free to throw your memories to the wind and burn your post-it notes!

;)

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Wed May 31, 2023 4:36 am

Hey there!

I noticed a minor (cosmetic) bug since the update:
Cosmetic_SiteBug.jpg
Before the update, the complete site-map/site-path has been shown here (see green marker). Now, only "Board Index" is displayed, but the space inbetween the successive arrows is empty.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed May 31, 2023 7:29 pm

Thanks for the head's up.

McTrinsic

Posted Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:57 am

Thanks for devoting all your time for us!!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:14 pm

@3D-vice I believe I've repaired the breadcrumbs. Thanks for the original ping, and if you see anything else please do let me know.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:57 am

intric8 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:14 pm
@3D-vice I believe I've repaired the breadcrumbs. Thanks for the original ping, and if you see anything else please do let me know.
Awesome. And yep, I confirm that the site-map works correctly. 8-)

LineOf7s
Brisbane, Australia

Posted Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:42 pm

This may be a bug with the forum software itself rather than an error that's popped up since the update, and I've been meaning to mention this for probably years now (apparently I joined here in 2021) so perhaps there isn't anything to be done...

But...

I come here via a bookmark that takes me straight to Unread Posts. What I've noticed in the list of Unread Posts is that the original poster's name gets replaced by that of the last poster, which is at least irksome.

I'd tried to post this before, but thought I was losing my mind so didn't, but today I noticed an example that absolutely could not be mistaken for anything but an error:

Is this a known issue?

Also: first post! w00! :lol:

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:06 am

Not a known issue, and probably related to the large update. Have you tried rebuilding the bookmark rather than using the old one?

LineOf7s
Brisbane, Australia

Posted Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:12 pm

Bookmark or not, it can be reproduced easily (for me anyway, in a variety of browsers): just head up to the "three dots" menu to the right of the breadcrumbs up there, select "Unread Posts" and you should see the issue.

Return to “Site News”