SEADRIVE

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:34 pm

Phoenix or Rejuvenator upgrade -like options for NTSC Amiga 1000s, please count me in if you are adding people to a list...very cool!

jonpotter

Posted Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:07 am

Not sure how I stumbled upon this thread but I enjoyed it enormously. It brought back a lot of memories. I particularly enjoyed the original "crowdfunding" spiel - since I wrote it! :)

nonarkitten

Posted Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:22 am

Unlike the Rejuvenator, the full schematics of the Phoenix are online (in image form though) and the PAL images are online (tricky to find, so I've attached them here too -- not sure if they have before). But what MIGHT work would be a "diff" of the two boards. Maybe something like Amiga 1000 + Rejuvenator = Amiga Phoenix - SCSI? Or something like that...?
Attachments
Amiga Phoenix.zip
Phoenix PALs
(6.3 KiB)

dalek
Australia

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:40 am

jonpotter wrote:Not sure how I stumbled upon this thread but I enjoyed it enormously. It brought back a lot of memories. I particularly enjoyed the original "crowdfunding" spiel - since I wrote it! :)
Wait what?!? Surely not _the_ Jonathan Potter? (Wikipedia)

jonpotter

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:54 am

Heh yes, that one :)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:39 pm

This thread has grown a whole new life of its own (like a Phoenix!). But Jon, I hope you get a chance to see some of the chatter about this over on Twitter.

This comment in particular it pretty fantastic, by Martin MacDonald:
macdonald-n-opus.gif

IfferX

Posted Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:23 am

Funny that so many people seem to have been interested in Amiga systems in Australia.

So many memories - and I have hardware floating around my storage room. I know there is a trading post, but if there are people here with specific interest in the Phoenix replacement MB - I have one of these in my a1000, original docs if I dig enough(mostly because I don't like losing stuff) the system board, some expansions, some spare floppy drives, whole cabinets of 3.5 floppies including some dev suites (forth compiler anyone). But I too am in Australia - Perth. If there is interest in this stuff I can do a bit of digging, figure what is actually there and make a post over in Trading post section. I had been thinking to just randomly ebay it hoping a collector would happen to be looking - but much prefer to find someone that it would actually make their day. Esp because unless you are in Perth, I imagine the shipping will be a killer. Oh I think I still have the programming manuals with rom calls etc as well. Thanks for the nostalgia, Jen

Ah drat - just realised I necro'ed your thread - sorry.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:56 am

@IfferX
If you popped your stuff in the Trading Post - especially with some photos - I think it would generate a lot of interest. Most of us here are not lacking in hardware or software, but the need to search for more is part of the bug that bit us.

McTrinsic

Posted Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:41 am

I‘d be super excited about contemporary software. If gives you an idea about how the systems actually were used back then. Going through all this stuff feels like a time travel.

If you need help, I can support with transferring them into images. I’m in Europe, though.

Return to “Hardware”