intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:09 am

OK I cleaned out the cache and all sessions (apologies if you were still here at the time). I think that should clean out whatever gunk you may have been encountering.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:44 am

Welcome. Custom tower case sounds cool.

As for Quote, I have never had a problem and use it often. I think removing it may cause confusion as it is a standard function on any message board. Just my 2 cents, of course... :mrgreen:

Tectron
Indiana

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:48 am

Actually it was an original A2000 case bottom half that we grafted into a full tower case that I picked up from the computer company where I worked at the time. The welding wasn't the best but the case turned out awesome. I eliminated the big power supply/drive bracket that covers the main board, so working on it was no longer a pain in the butt.
Unfortunately I haven't found any pictures of it, I tried to locate the guy I sold it to back in 98 for $125, but no luck. There is a good chance that he's no longer living, he seemed pretty old back then. Unfortunately it probably ended up in a landfill. :cry:

The A1000 was one I picked up as a box of parts, and have been slowly resurrecting it, with mods of course :mrgreen:

Tectron
Indiana

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:48 am

Groovy it worked that time.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:50 am

@Tectron - wow. That case sounds amazing! Man, what a hit.

@zippyzapp
Yeah, that's why I've left Quoting. I think some folks use it as a main tool to reply (and I'm not convinced they mean to), which sometimes can cause some giant nested quotes that actually can confuse more than enlighten. But I've left it because I personally find it very useful at times when there are a lot of voices or I'm trying to hone in on a specific topic from a long previous post.

Glad my clearing the sessions worked, @Tectron!

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:15 pm

Welcome to the site!

I’d be interested in seeing photos of the custom case, as well as where you are on that 1000.

Tectron
Indiana

Posted Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:20 am

EzdineG wrote:Welcome to the site!

I’d be interested in seeing photos of the custom case, as well as where you are on that 1000.
There is a link in my sig to my YouTube Amiga playlist, I keep it updated with any work I do to my Amiga's.
I really wish I had a picture of that old tower, So far the only picture i can find of anything Amiga related was my 1084s attached to a laser disk player I had at the time. If I could get my hands on an old trashed out A2000 that I could scavenge parts from, and a large enough tower case I'd build another one.

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:44 am

Tectron wrote:

There is a link in my sig to my YouTube Amiga playlist, I keep it updated with any work I do to my Amiga's.
I really wish I had a picture of that old tower, So far the only picture i can find of anything Amiga related was my 1084s attached to a laser disk player I had at the time. If I could get my hands on an old trashed out A2000 that I could scavenge parts from, and a large enough tower case I'd build another one.
You’re Steve Stoltz?

Watching your videos are what inspired me to go out and get an Amiga 1000. You also inspired me to get that 8mb memory installed, which led to the IDE, and then ultimately to make my own Kickstart mod.

I knew i recognized the “basket Amiga 1000” from somewhere. Good to have you here.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:18 am

Steve! So cool to have you here, man. We've chatted over on YT before.

Tectron
Indiana

Posted Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:29 am

EzdineG wrote:
Tectron wrote:

You’re Steve Stoltz?

Watching your videos are what inspired me to go out and get an Amiga 1000. You also inspired me to get that 8mb memory installed, which led to the IDE, and then ultimately to make my own Kickstart mod.

I knew i recognized the “basket Amiga 1000” from somewhere. Good to have you here.
Wow that's awesome! I'm glad that my videos have given someone some inspiration, Yes I am Steve Stoltz.

Return to “Member Intros”