EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:02 pm

Hello again.

Attached are gerbers for a new Amiga 1000 Kickstart switcher. These files are essentially design plans that tell a manufacturer how to produce a circuit board.

If you'd like to make one of these boards, grab the gerber zip file from the bottom of this post and upload it to a pcb house like JLPCB who will make them for $2 (10 pcbs!)

If you follow the directions from my previous post, but use this board in place of the original, you can modify your Amiga 1000 to use kickstart ROMs and switch between TWO of them. No more kickstart boot disk!

This board also relocates the 68000 socket so you can fit socket expansions like MKL’s IDE68K/RAM68K, the TF530 accelerator and others into your 1000 without having to remove the floppy or motherboard shielding. Most 68020+ accelerators also require Kickstart in ROM to boot, so you can now use them where you otherwise couldn’t.

Feel free to make boards for yourself, friends, whoever. You will need a few pin strips, turned pin headers and 2x 1206 SMD 10K resistors.

If you plan on selling these boards, all I ask is that you link back to this post from yours. [edit] Updated with confirmed working photo and refreshed gerber zip (no need to update.)
Enjoy,
Adrian
Attachments
IMG_0761.JPG
Finished, confirmed working board!

Last edited by EzdineG on Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:26 am, edited 7 times in total.

Tectron
Indiana

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:34 pm

That is sweet, does this leave the CIA chip nearest the daughter board fully exposed? I ask because I have a drive switcher in there that rides pretty high and obstructs any larger boards ie tf530 etc from fitting without stacking a bunch of pin strips together. It definitely looks like it won't obstruct the internal floppy either, like my current switcher does.

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:46 pm

Tectron wrote:That is sweet, does this leave the CIA chip nearest the daughter board fully exposed?
This board comes within a mm or two of the daughterboard, so you wouldn’t be able to plug anything in to the cia port without using risers. It is almost completely covered.

Tectron
Indiana

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:59 pm

Ok, Thanks for the info.

TimT

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:39 pm

I ordered 10 of these boards and they work fine, I want to thank you for offering the Gerbers. what I did with UJ6 was just " carefully sever " pin 17. A quick dab of solder is all that's needed repair the pin.

TommyE

Posted Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:59 pm

Hello

Thanks for the Gerbers.

Ordered 10 of these, and soldered one together, worked the first time :)

The A1000 still rocks.

Regards
Tommy

RizThomas
Surrey, BC, Canada

Posted Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:08 pm

Thanks also for sharing the gerbers. I ordered mine too from JLPCB. Would anyone (with the assembled switch) share a photo showing how the sockets and pin connectors soldered on the board. I am interested on the specs of the sockets and pin extenders for the cpu. Thanks

JEY08
Bath, MI

Posted Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:00 pm

That's really nice!

jiggoly

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:40 am

Ordered 10 of these for my new "gift" Amiga 1000. I will update when receive the boards.
Thanks for the board and files.

SteveE671
Burleson, TX

Posted Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:51 am

"2x 1206 SMD 10K resistors"

What is the full value of these resistors? Are they 1/4W, 1/2W? What's the Tolerance? 1%, 5%? What's the Composition? Thin Film, Thick Film?

I'm about to place an order and need a little more details. It's the Electronics Reliability Engineer in me.

Thanks

Return to “Hardware”