obitus1990
USA

Posted Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:09 pm

I recently finished soldering this A4000 replica board. It took me several months to do, as I could only do it in my spare time. Also, prior to a year ago, I had never even picked up a soldering iron. It works fine with the 3640 CPU card, but this past weekend, I soldered in an onboard 030 in QFP package, so it will now also boot without a CPU board. This weekend, I will be building a new daughterboard, then, once I source all the parts for it, I will build a 3660.'

mobo1.jpg

McTrinsic

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:38 am

This is quite impressive, especially considering your Indivision learning curve.

When will you start taking orders ?
;) :D

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:34 am

Looks great! Congratulations on your new board.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:18 am

McTrinsic wrote:This is quite impressive, especially considering your Indivision learning curve.

When will you start taking orders ?
;) :D
Thanks! Though I'm not sure what the indivision learning curve is referring to. Maybe an auto-correct flub-up?

There is someone in Europe building these on demand, but be prepared to pay 2K Euros for them...but "they're the finest quality ever, nothing better," lol.

As for me, I think my wife would file for divorce if I spent any more time in my workshop, soldering! :D

BloodyCactus
Lexington VA

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:46 am

awesome work! I thought about this but sourcing the chips was going to be a nightmare since I didnt have any donor boards to get chips from!

obitus1990
USA

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:38 am

iComp sells the chipsets...but, if you want the Alice, you HAVE to buy the entire set, as he will not separate it.
You'd have to find the CIA and the DAC ICs somewhere else, though, as those are not offered there.

BloodyCactus
Lexington VA

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:02 am

obitus1990 wrote:iComp sells the chipsets...but, if you want the Alice, you HAVE to buy the entire set, as he will not separate it.
You'd have to find the CIA and the DAC ICs somewhere else, though, as those are not offered there.
oh nice, I see his.. expensive prices too :P Trying to find an SDMAC 04 might be hard

obitus1990
USA

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:34 am

You don't need an SDMAC in the A4000. That's an A3000(T) specific chip. The design shares Ramsey, but, the DMAC is, I think, integrated into one of the other ICs instead...Bridgette, I believe.

And, yes, he is very expensive.

BloodyCactus
Lexington VA

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:59 pm

lol Im getting everything wrong today. I thought you needed to pair SDMAC with Ramsay, maybe thats A3000 specific only.

I need to finish my GBA1000 before I take on another project.

McTrinsic

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:17 pm

I meant individual ... stupid auto-correction :D

And no, I was just joking - one Amiga is enough for me.

Return to “Hardware”