piper_flatline

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:02 am

I'm looking for a GVP DSS8 (or DSS8+) sampler with tracker. It's the setup I used to use back in the 90s that got me started on tracking and computer music, so I'd love to have one again. If you've got one, especially in the States, let me know! I'm in Palm Springs, CA for shipping reference.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:42 am

I just acquired the DSS8+ in October myself, which I plan to explore in early 2019. But I will keep an eye out for another one of these for you. It's really plug and play. You can even record a track right off your phone with this thing.

FWIW I've learned that if something was made by GVP, it's top notch every time. Solid builds and excellent software.
IMG_9048.JPG
Attachments
IMG_9049.jpg

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:06 pm

You two just better make sure you don't drive prices up for each other on one of the xBays ;) .

piper_flatline

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:06 pm

Awesome! Glad to see they're still floating around out there. I've been getting the stuff together to incorporate the Amiga into my gear flow and having a good sampler would be perfect. Plus, having the same one I used to have would be super cool.:)

piper_flatline

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:07 pm

McTrinsic wrote:You two just better make sure you don't drive prices up for each other on one of the xBays ;) .
Yikes! Hate that. :(

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:40 pm

I do my recording on an AD516 sound card - and it is wonderful! It can save 8 bit files fine for playback on Paula. I assume the original posters does not have a big box Amiga. I will keep an eye out to for a sampler.

piper_flatline

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:32 pm

I'm using an Amiga 500 with an ACA500plus, for the record.

Return to “Trading Post”