intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:41 am

Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep has been added to the Amiga Love Games Library.

In addition to the comprehensive review, be sure to also check out the 1994 interview by Zach Meston with Wayne Holder, the founder of Software Heaven and FTL Games. Holder is also credited as "Producer" for all of the Dungeon Master games.

TL;DR
Skullkeep is a lot of fun and maintains much of the magic the much earlier original version pioneered. But it kind of falls off the rails on the performance side of things, and the game's depth is surprisingly ... well, less deep. The music alone is worth a listen, though.
dm2_1.png
dm2_0.jpg

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:44 pm

Zany Golf has been added to the Games Library today.

Played this game all the way to the last hole (but not the bonus round) with my 9 year-old son. Zany Golf is one of the few games I’ve played with him that he just can’t get enough of. Those are special games indeed.
Attachments
zanygolf-1.jpg

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:27 pm

Finally at long last I've published my review for Ultima IV for Amiga today. What a crazy grind that game was! Massive sense of accomplishment to make it to the finish line. I have Ultima 5 for C128, but I have to admit. I may wait a while before I plunge into another Ultima. It was all-consuming!
ultimaIV-0.jpg
ultimaIV-8.jpg
ultimaIV-14.jpg
ultimaIV-29.jpg

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:47 pm

Secret of the Silver Blades has been added to the AmigaLove Games Library with a full review, complete ADF downloads, 30 screenshots and even Amiga/TXT files of the Adventurer's Journal and Rule Book for download, too.
SSB-1.jpg
SSB-2.jpg
SSB-8.jpg
SSB-17.jpg
SSB-24.jpg
SSB-28.jpg

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:08 am

FINALLY finished writing and obsessing over my full review of "Elvira" for Amiga (1990), which is now in the Games Library. 2,457 words, 36 CRT screenshots, 5 ADFs ripped from my original disks.

Happy Halloween!
IMG_2504.jpg
IMG_2507.jpg
IMG_4329.jpg
IMG_4540.jpg

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:53 am

Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday has been added to the Games Library today.

After completing the game, I wrote an in-depth, honest review for the RPG sci-fi Gold Box Amiga game. It took 5,500 words (whew!) and I captured 50 CRT screenshots along the way.

I also created downloadable ADFs from my original disks. If you decide to download and play the game, you will need the original Log Book and Rule Book, which I also link to in the "Helpful Assets" section of the game page.

Hope you enjoy the deep dive!
IMG_0043.jpg

Return to “Site News”