intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:59 am

There are a few games I have on my radar that simply never show up. I put the feelers out there, and they just never pop. Ever. For example, a boxed copy of Rogue for Amiga. I've got an original disk, but the last time I saw a boxed copy it was in Germany and the dude was asking over $500 for it. So, yeah - that's ridiculous and almost doesn't even count.

Another game in a similar vein that has been on my list is The Lost Vikings.

Lost Vikings was created by Silicon & Synapse (now Blizzard Entertainment) and published by Interplay. It started out on the SNES, but was later ported to Amiga. We're lucky to have it. I always thought it would be so cool to get one of the first games by the Blizzard wizards on the Amiga. Sort of like Black Crypt - created by the same team that would go on to work with id Software - we really lucked out to get this one. And it was from the USA to boot. Brian Fargo of Bard's Tale and Wasteland fame even produced it!

Last year one of my friends bought a game lot, and to my utter astonishment the vikings were there. Without hesitation he said I could have it as he's insanely cool like that and hooked me up. With guilt flowing through my heart, I said I had to at least give him something in return, so I gave him a boxed and complete copy of Syndicate. I still owe him BIG TIME.

In any case, check this out. 100% complete, looks brand new and still has the poster.
IMG_5984.jpg
IMG_5985.jpg
IMG_5986.jpg

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:21 am

Ok, so I am not jealous at all. Not one bit....nope....awesome find!

McTrinsic

Posted Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:52 pm

Awesome find, congrats!

Im expecting a review/playthrough soon :) .

walldog

Posted Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:30 pm

McTrinsic wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:52 pm
Awesome find, congrats!

Im expecting a review/playthrough soon :) .
so exciting to get these beautiful boxes games in 2020. Went to good home. Look forward to review

Return to “Conquests”