Mk84S

Posted Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:04 am

Hi,

after getting a real physical Amiga 1200 again, I thought it'd be a good idea to register an account at a good Amiga forum. After speaking to my cousin "3D-vice", he recommended this forum. So here I am!

I started my computer-live with a C64 at XMAS 1993. At this evening I was the hapoiest kid on the plant, having my own computer, but at the same time I was quite unhappy because my dad did not allow me to plug in the power supply and monitor to my brand new C64. Why? Well, for unknown reasons he thought I would immediately destroy my computer, so I had to wait additional five days before I was able to use my Commodore C64. What an odd situation ...

Anyway, after a couple of years I switched to an Amiga 500 and then to an Amiga 1200 with unbelievable 7 MB of RAM. At that time I stopped playing games and started modifing my workbench.

One of my geeky moments was to use the RAM to create a large RAD (persistent RAM Drive). I booted the workbench via disc and copied the workbench to the RAD. In the next step, I rebooted the workbench and
started the system from RAD. It was a similar feeling like switching from an old HDD to a new SSD.

Today I use Linux and BSD as main OS for daily work. This main purpose for my decision to buy an Amiga again, getting back to that cozy "good old times feeling".

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:12 am

Hey hey, look who's here! My cousin. :mrgreen:

McTrinsic

Posted Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:44 am

Welcome!!

Pics... got pics?

😁

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:25 am

Welcome, Mk84S!

McTrinsic

Posted Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:07 am

Just to be clear... I am looking for pics from your Amiga ;)

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:11 pm

McTrinsic wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:07 am
Just to be clear... I am looking for pics from your Amiga ;)
:lol: :arrow: :!:

JazzyTech

Posted Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:21 pm

I'm new here too. I had a similar experience with a 1MB Eprom Zorro "ROM" addon for one of my A500s. I had to burn the software onto the EEproms. Amazing how much faster that was compared to a Diskette drive! :)
Hmm.. I still have that burner and card. I really need to pull it out and see if it still works.

Welcome!

I didn't really "intro" myself (mainly just fascinated with all you Amigans and the interest after so many years)! Even though I'm an "Ami", all my Amiga and hardware experience was aquired in Germany. Seemed like there were so many Amiga fanatics back then :)

All that is left to say is: "Servus Alter!" :D

Return to “Member Intros”