BatteMan
France

Posted Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:15 am

Yeah!

Nice AmiDock and Workbench 1.3!

BatteMan
France

Posted Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:47 pm

I can now launch WHDLoad games via AmiDock !

First of all, you need to install JST in C: and you type in a Shell "C:JST Mygame.slave" to launch your game. JST can launch WHDLoad games on 1.3 and it's a very great news (I read this on Epsilon's blog).

We can launch some WHDLoad games like this. There are those I succesfully try : Dune, ShufflePuckCafe, Indiana Jones and the last crusade (action or adventure), BattleChess, Maniac Mansion and Zak Mac Kraken and Monkey Island 1, Cruise for a Corpse. And Epsilon reports Beyond the ice palace, Nitro and Lotus 2 as working on his 1000/ACA500.

Some don't work like Port of Calls (we can launch it but a function of WHDLoad is missing in JST and PoC crashes...), Loom, Pinball Dreams & Fantasies (need 1 Mb of Chip...), Vroom and many more.

Why I explain all of this in this AmiDock' thread ? Because we can't launch a JST game via AmiDock (nothing happens or I had errors)...
But we can if we use WShell, the Holy grail !

One example for Dune :
- I made a little script named DuneJST in Sys:Games/JST-Dune/ :

Code: Select all

CD Sys:Games/JST-Dune/
C:JST DuneFr.slave
Endcli
20200418_223500-1.jpg
- I added a new bay in AmiDock with those options:

Code: Select all

Path: C:
Name: NewWSH
Args: FROM SYS:Games/JST-Dune/DuneJST
Stack: 4096
x CLI
20200418_223507-1.jpg
Now, no more errors and I can launch Dune via AmiDock (the same script launch via Execute instead of NewWSH doesn't work in AmiDock even if it works in a Shell...).
20200418_223531-1.jpg
It's more impressive if you see it in his original size (1,5cmx1,5cm on my 1084s ^^), like this :
EVuXv9AXQAE6x5y.jpg
Top of the top, if you quit the game via the in-game menu, you go back to the WB without rebooting ! Lovely !

And voilà ! ;)

Tarzin
Dunkirk / France

Posted Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:17 pm

WB 1.3 and amazing tools have not finished to surprise us!
Great!

walldog

Posted Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:17 pm

I thought I was the only one that used or cared about JST Batteman... Yeah that's a nice little program. It Doesn't run all whdload but it sure does a ton. Almost all I care about.. BTW Ports of Call works on my A500

I have to try this Wshell... That was one minor thing on the AmiDoc is you have to use the CLI. If WShell works and shows directory chain and little things like would be nice.. Going to give a go.

walldog

Posted Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:49 pm

BatteMan wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:30 pm
KingCON can't work on 1.3 so I tested and approved WShell ! And it's working with AmiDock so !
WShell 2.0 gives us : commands history, log, scrollbar, completion of file name (by default with ESC), hotkeys (F2 puts WShell in fullscreen), autocompletion of some commands (type "rename myfile" and WShell automagically writes "rename FROM myfile TO myfile"), etc.

It's a very incredible piece of software, made by William S. Hawes, giving a powerful Shell to our Workbench 1.3 and 2.0 !
Batteman.. Found WShell... How do you install it? I want to make sure I dont mess up anything. Assume stock shell and CLI will still work if need be.. Do you just copy all contents from disk to a directory?

BatteMan
France

Posted Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:20 pm

Take a look at this website

And I also read the fat WShell' doc (available on Bombjack website).

It's a little more complicated but it's worth it!

walldog

Posted Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:13 pm

BatteMan wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:20 pm
Take a look at this website

And I also read the fat WShell' doc (available on Bombjack website).

It's a little more complicated but it's worth it!
Well I am excited to report that I was able to get WShell working on AmiDoc!.. Now I tried editing startup per the website but I had problems. It was just too much beyond me. I finally got it working by adding 1 small command to StartupII file DHOpts CNC:. It seem to make it work.. Now I know this thing is much more capable but at least I got an awesome scroll bar and directory history on prompt like using regular shell. All launched from AmiDoc!..

Now if I can take small pitches and enable some other features will do so. If anyone has some guidance happy to hear..

BTW forgot to mention that I actually purchased an original copy with the manual... Needed it to get installed to begin with..

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:10 am

BTW forgot to mention that I actually purchased an original copy with the manual...
Was it on Ebay? I'd be interested in seeing that manual. And which version is your disk?

BatteMan
France

Posted Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:58 pm

Intric8 & Walldog : I just made a thread for WShell (with link for an archive inside ;) ).

walldog

Posted Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:34 pm

intric8 wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:10 am
BTW forgot to mention that I actually purchased an original copy with the manual...
Was it on Ebay? I'd be interested in seeing that manual. And which version is your disk?
Yes it was on Ebay.. version 2.0... happy to make an adf for you but looks like batteman hooked it up in another thread :)

Return to “Software”