3D-vice
Germany

Posted Sat May 02, 2020 5:17 am

Well, I've finally finished setting up my 8-bit Commodore machines (right next to my modern gaming PC).
C64_8-bit-Mancave.jpg
This picture is no match for intric8's beautiful image from this post of course, but I thought to show it anyway. I've decided to use my C64 re-builds and put my first generation original C64 back into the box and back to safety.

The left-hand C64 contains Gideon's Ultimate64 Elite board with an FPGA-SID, within a SX-style C64-C case, running a Turbo Chameleon cartridge on a VGA flatscreen and a digital tape deck. The right-hand one holds Individual Computer's C64 Reloaded MK2 board with original chips, within a breadbin colored C64-C case, running a classic SD2IEC drive and a QuadPort IEC floppy switch. I want to keep the expansion port free for running cartridges.

Now that my 8-bit ManCave is finished, I'll continue working on my beloved Amiga 500 project and setting op my 16-bit ManCave! Yay. :D

McTrinsic

Posted Sat May 02, 2020 6:19 am

Wonderful!

It is always a nice thing to behold a setup which clearly displays the live for these machines.

Can’t wait to see the complete setup with all of your retro machines :) .

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat May 02, 2020 11:42 am

Gorgeous! Gotta love that floppy drive stack, too, even if it is mostly a shrine to the past. In my experience they do still come in handy more often than some might expect.

Really nice setup.

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”