intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat May 09, 2020 11:57 am

Since I'm building an A3000 with 3.1 these days (just regular old 3.1) I decided I wanted the best that OS had to offer. So for me, that meant installing BetterWB for the first time (shock!) and experiencing all of it's creature comforts.

I'm installing update 43, too, which was released as recently as 2018.

Anyway, I'm mainly looking forward to simple things like a wider variety of image format support (gif, jpg, png, and many more), faster disk copying, complete and up-to-date LHA, GZIP, ZIP and UNZIP support, command line ZIP drive support, and a slew of other enhancements. And the best part? You could blink and potentially not even know it was installed at all. But if you want Glow Icons you can go that route, too, if you've got the chip memory to spare... which I do.

Anyway, one of the nice things they also did was create disk labels that look 100% legit. I had to change their sizes, but I decided to go ahead and make a complete set in physical form for the future. I use a black and white laser printer (awesome printer, high quality, and ink that lasts years) rather than color. I'm pleased with how it all turned out.
IMG_7547.jpg
IMG_7545.jpg
IMG_7549.jpg
IMG_7550.jpg

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Sun May 10, 2020 6:18 am

Ahhh, very nice! I LOVE this level of organization. <3 Must be my OCD persona... :lol:

Luckily, I found sticker-labels fitting 3,5" disks and the manufacturer also offers templates for Adobe Illustrator and InDesign, as well as all common word processors.
Amiga_FloppyDiskLabels.jpg

Return to “The Lounge”