Hi

WingMantis

Posted Mon May 11, 2020 2:25 pm

Hello, I remember playing Lemmings on Amiga at school. There were a couple other games and programs but I don't recall what they were.

Just now getting into Amiga emulation (I WON'T afford a real system unless I find one at a garage sale or something) and it seems I am a bit late, seeing as Back2theroots is gone. From what I have gleaned, they had quite a collection of authorized game downloads.

I am trying to only download legal roms, and I have found quite a lot so far from some links on AmigaForever and some threads on abime and AmigaFlame.

AmigaLove has quite a lot of different games than other sites. Are the games in the Game Library all legal / authorized by the copyright holders?

Would like to try doing some simple improvement ROM hacks on some of the more disappointing games eventually. I am not the best with that stuff though.

I haven't really found much in the way of rom hacks for Amiga yet. Amiga music files are called MODs so that is what comes up when searching for game mods. What is the amiga term for game hacks? Patches or...?

Thanks!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon May 11, 2020 4:54 pm

AmigaLove has quite a lot of different games than other sites. Are the games in the Game Library all legal / authorized by the copyright holders?
All of the games on this site I pulled from my original disks. None (iirc) are pirated nor cracked. That means, if it required a code wheel to play in 1988, it still does.

I'm not charging a single penny for these ADF files, nor are any of these games for sale... anywhere. Many of the companies that created them are long dead, just like the company that made the computers. I would never put a game on this site for profit, nor would I ever put a game on this site that people were actively trying to make money from in 2020. I find that highly objectionable (and it does still happen even now on CSdb in the C64 scene, which boggles my mind).

I've even talked to a few of the copyright holders and they were shocked the games were even in circulation for Amiga. If you call less than a few hundred people "in circulation". Hah!

If anyone ever objected and wanted a file taken down, I wouldn't hesitate. It's never happened, though, and I never expect it will.

Worth noting that nearly all the games on this site were pulled from games made on or for the NTSC market. But often they were sold in the UK/Europe back in the day as-is with no code or art changes. So you guys got black bars or a slightly slower experience. But they should all work. If it requires a code wheel, oftentimes those can be found in some form or fashion somewhere online.

I only mention the NTSC thing because if you're using emulation, you might need to flip a setting to get the optimum experience.

Return to “Member Intros”