BloodyCactus
Lexington VA

Posted Fri May 15, 2020 2:19 pm

I thinkh right now there is no passthrough? so the hdmi is its own thing, the RTA audio is its own thing...

This thing is to me, over the top. its got two fpgas, a xlinix3, a artix7 (which is a beast) and an arm cpu. it provides so much stuff, usb, wifi, ethernet, rt audio, hdmi, sd card, compact flash, etc.

part of me is like, yeah its nice to have these things but.. its not what amiga was to me. trying to bring it into the now is just... I dunno.

clearly this is not a product aimed at me :)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri May 15, 2020 2:30 pm

It's a little less than that. The SD card is only for firmware updates. That's it. And there's no wifi, just ethernet (which I think is safe to say is beta, too). But it is all the rest, with caveats.

But I hear ya.

Honestly, in 2020, it was far easier (and smarter imo) for me to get this graphics card than lurk amongst Amibay or Ebay and pay as much or more for a 25 year old card (w/o hdmi). That's really why I got it. I wanted something new, and really just for the video output, as well as an opp to experience RTG on an Amiga, which I've never done before.

It would have been really nice for the USB to work like the RapidRoad - and who knows? Maybe someday it will. And if Lukas or others find a cool way to get other neat things out of the card, I'll applaud it and maybe even try it out. But that wasn't a deciding factor for me.

I don't currently have any plans to use the ethernet port(s) on the zz or x-surf, either.

I do, however, plan on installing a super buster rev 11. I think mine is a 7.

Return to “Hardware”