intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun May 31, 2020 10:40 am

Have you all noticed the site being unresponsive at times? Like, sometimes a page may load instantly, while other times it might take several seconds for seemingly no obvious reason?

It seems like I've been seeing this behavior for about 1-1.5 weeks now.

I've created a support ticket with my ISP for them to investigate (which probably means rebooting the server!).

It's ... annoying. Sorry about this but I hope to get to the bottom of it soon.

jost80
Sweden

Posted Sun May 31, 2020 10:57 pm

I have that problem right now. Hope the issue can be sorted out.

McTrinsic

Posted Sun May 31, 2020 10:58 pm

There is nothing I can notice beyond my crappy mobile connection ;) .

walldog

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:12 am

intric8 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:40 am
Have you all noticed the site being unresponsive at times? Like, sometimes a page may load instantly, while other times it might take several seconds for seemingly no obvious reason?

It seems like I've been seeing this behavior for about 1-1.5 weeks now.

I've created a support ticket with my ISP for them to investigate (which probably means rebooting the server!).

It's ... annoying. Sorry about this but I hope to get to the bottom of it soon.
I am seeing the issue Eric on my end.. Actually kicked me out of site this morning..

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:04 am

Yep I have for sure noticed it has been painfully slow about the same time-frame you mentioned, including this morning.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:54 am

From my ISP, whom I talked to for over half an hour today:
So it appears the site is running a very high number of apache process and causing this disruption for itself. I have reached out to an Admin that is investigating in more detail what could be occurring. This may take some time to complete and determine the appropriate steps to take, would you prefer for me to email you back once all information has been gathered?
I hope to have this resolved soon.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:20 pm

It seems my ISPs fixes may have taken affect. Hopefully this holds in place. I guess we'll know within the next 24 hours or so! Sorry about this! Glad it seems to be getting some attention by the engineering team.

UPDATE
Well, maybe not. I can't believe it should take this long. If we're still seeing this behavior by the end of this week, I'll be researching where I should move the site.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:29 pm

UPDATE #2
I worked with tech support for over an hour tonight and - at least as of right this very second - it might be fixed? I'll check in the morning and see how we're doing.

Hope this did the trick!

UPDATE #3
Seems to be getting sluggish again. Something to do with the SSL certificate (maybe). If they can't figure it out, I may have to switch ISPs. What a freaking annoying drag!

jost80
Sweden

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:55 pm

I sometimes get this:

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Just got that again this morning so problem is still there.

BloodyCactus
Lexington VA

Posted Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:41 pm

have you thought about something off linode? I run several systems off linode. you do need to know linux and how to setup a secure box etc. nice and cheap. great band width, access etc.

Return to “Site News”