cc3d

Posted Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:46 pm

I am getting the "Toaster unable to genlock" error when I start the video toaster.
The toaster worked about 7 years ago when I booted this up. Board looks good.

Amiga 4000 24+ MB ram
Amiga 1080 Monitor

Can it be a monitor thing? Should the 1080 work with the VT4000?

Thank you

Silverstreak
YouTube

Posted Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:28 am

Do you have a scan doubler fitted, or an Indivision type board installed? The toaster is very fussy about the Denise.

cc3d

Posted Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:50 am

I do not have either. Is that the reason for the error . I notice the 1080 is very intolerant of display setting change.

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:59 am

My Toaster software will usually not start unless it is getting a video signal on input 1. Do you have a camera hooked up and turned on? Or a signal of some time going into input 1?

cc3d

Posted Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:51 pm

Dynamic_Computing wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:59 am
My Toaster software will usually not start unless it is getting a video signal on input 1. Do you have a camera hooked up and turned on? Or a signal of some time going into input 1?
thank you

I just don't recall having to do that back in the day. I am going to try it once I find a cable with a BNC connector. Can it just be any video signal? I never had a genlocked source on it and I used it for Lightwave for years.

cc3d

Posted Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:54 pm

So after playing around with the GVP EGS Spectrum a while, I tried to launch the toaster and BOOM, it launched. I have no idea why it no longer has the genlock issue.

Return to “Hardware”