rpiguy9907

Posted Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:17 am

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Brand new C64x taken out of the box for the first time today for pictures.

Cherry MX Blue mechanical keyboard, mini-ITX case for Commodore enthusiasts. Part of a limited production run that folded with the death of Barry Altman, who was running the business.

$250 Continental US

The top half of one of these alone sold for $160 on eBay last month (not even a complete case), so these are becoming more and more rare.

I will leave it here for a few days before posting on eBay. Thanks!
IMG_0952 2.jpg
IMG_0955.jpg
Last edited by rpiguy9907 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:12 am

Wow! I've never even seen one of these in person. Hm...

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:47 am

Cool! So this is the version without the motherboard, etc, it came with the case and keyboard?

rpiguy9907

Posted Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:42 am

Zippy Zapp wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:47 am
Cool! So this is the version without the motherboard, etc, it came with the case and keyboard?
Yes this was the barebones. ITX case and mechanical keyboard. It also includes a serial number sticker in a sealed pouch with some other papers but I did not open it, and mounting hardware.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:01 am

That really is a cool looking machine. For me personally, I researched what it would take to get it up to running, and I think it's more of a project than I want to partake in, personally. It's so tempting (I'd make it a Windows machine since I have no experience in Linux) but then I'd have to go down the whole road of building a Frankenstein machine. I kinda left those days behind when I hopped on the Mac train in 1998.

But I do know there's a market for these, as the build quality is supposed to be really high. Let me see... Give me a moment. You want to ship within the US, right?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:22 am

Woah!

I posted your C64x on Twitter and Rebecca Heineman said she'd be interested! She co-wrote the Bard's Tale games!

Rather than make her create an account here, can I send her your email address to discuss particulars?

rpiguy9907

Posted Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:57 am

intric8 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:22 am
Woah!

I posted your C64x on Twitter and Rebecca Heineman said she'd be interested! She co-wrote the Bard's Tale games!

Rather than make her create an account here, can I send her your email address to discuss particulars?
Sure thanks.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:01 am

OK you should see the email by now. Hope that all works out!

rpiguy9907

Posted Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:24 pm

intric8 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:01 am
OK you should see the email by now. Hope that all works out!
You know what’s funny is that I once ended up at the same party as Lord British, was almost recruited by the wife of Brian Dougherty (author of the Questron series) for a job, and now this!

One day I’ll randomly find myself in an elevator full of ex-SSI employees for sure, lol.

Return to “Trading Post”