intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:05 am

I just wanted to give a shout out for one of my all-time favorite logo badges - the venerable Commodore 1702 monitor badge. It's not necessarily a high point in design, but it's a high point for me personally and all that era embodies.
IMG_8152.jpg
Honestly the whole monitor, including its unique color palette, hits all the right buttons.

Shiny chrome logo that catches the light, the color bars representing full-color potential (like a lot of other competitor logos of the time as well as the C64 case logo), even the green LED light next to all of it that seems to live forever encased within a dark black square for high-contrast.

It helps, too, that the 1702 is virtually unmatched for the times for a CRT's high quality picture, color correctness and saturation. There's a reason these were commonplace in video houses across the country. Heck, when I was in art school we used them sporting color bars to ensure our Sony editing bay monitors were set correctly. Take that! ;)

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:01 pm

You gotta love that dark chocolate background with the saturated colours in what seems a very pleasing ratio, spacing & positioning. Like the multi colour Apple logo, it suggests a definite period in history.

Return to “The Lounge”