fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:42 am

Just picked up a copy of Brilliance. I love these boxed art packages. Need to do a bit of tlc on the box of course. Never used this myself as I had moved to photoshop by this point, but I have always admired the artwork on cover by Jim Sachs if I remember correctly.
IMG_20200705_140909.jpg
IMG_20200705_140831.jpg

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:14 pm

Oh that's very cool. I have v1.0 (with the physical dongle) and v2.0, but neither have the actual box. Just the manuals and disks.

And yes, that's Jim Sachs' artwork, as I believe he also contributed to the developement of Brilliance in some way. Four years ago I found the original pixel artwork of that image in GIF format. You can see his signature in the bottom-right corner. Here she is:
brilliance.gif

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:47 pm

When you look at that, it is amazing to comprehend how it was made. I doubt it was using a tablet. Just the colour palette alone is incredible considering all the water and blended elements in the scene. If we only had a making of video...:)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:28 pm

Indeed. In addition, how was that GIF (or IFF) converted into a high-quality print?

Silverstreak
YouTube

Posted Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:57 pm

I did exactly the same recently. I’m just a sucker for these big boxes.

Jim Sachs did so much for the Amiga. A great deal of it went by unsung. Now that’s a book i’d buy!

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:02 am

That is brilliant! (no pun intended).

I don't think I ever used that particular package. Is the cover image available as a sample with the software?

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:17 pm

I will check, have not had a chance to crack this baby open yet. Got a two week holiday coming up and will give it a go.

Return to “Conquests”