3D-vice
Germany

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:53 am

Hey guys,

so ... a while ago I backed the C64 game "Cosmic Force" on Kickstarter as a Company Sponsor. Yesterday, finally, the physical version has arrived. Have a look:
CosmicForce1.jpg
This is the box.

CosmicForce2.jpg
The box content are the cartridge, a floppy disk, a cassette, as CD, a sticker and of course the manual.

CosmicForce3.jpg
However, the cassette is a disguised USB-stick.

CosmicForce4.jpg
Look! My company logo in the manual. And sorry for the burry image.

The physical gimmicks are nice and I like that the USB-stick-tape comes in an actual tape jewel case.

The game itself... well... to be honest, I'm a bit disappointed. I had expected more from the actual game. The idea of having 3 different "perspectives" (a classical side-scroller, a vertical scroller and a 3D vanishing point projection) are quite nice, but the gameplay and the graphics are a bit... dull. Well, this is just my view.

Does anyone of you have gained / played this game? If so, what is your opinion about it?

Cheers,
Marc

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:57 pm

I also am a backer. I'm expecting it in the next few weeks as it makes its sad way across the pond and all the way to the northwestern corner of the USA.

I don't think I got all the swag you did. I'll have to go back and look at my pledge. Bummer to hear the game might be somewhat lackluster. Seems like they were working on it for quite some time. Maybe they spent more time on the swag than the game... Hm.

That's super cool to see your logo in the manual!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:12 pm

I went back and checked. I will receive the following:
  • 5.25" Floppy Disk - Cosmic Force
  • Classic Game Box & User Manual
  • Blu-ray - The Creation of an 8-Bit Shoot 'Em Up
  • Cosmic Force - Disk image download
  • Cosmic Force - Extras download
  • The Creation of an 8-Bit Shoot 'Em Up - Download
  • Backer Credit in User Manual and Documentary
  • Backer Access to Video Diaries