Posted Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:16 pm

I snapped up this bargain "A200" yesterday. It includes:
  • Indivision ECS
  • 28Mhz Supra Excellerator
  • 8MB Ram
  • SCSI Hard drive
  • GoTek floppy emulator
  • Original Keyboard
Got it for $199 with free shipping (reputable seller too!)

It is always nice to see collectors offloading their goods for reasonable prices. If I could send this guy some good Karma I would.

I remember playing on my friend's dad's A2000 with a mind-blowing at the time 3Mb of RAM.

It is painted black, so it will need a total physical restoration. I plan to dissolve the paint and to see if I can restore it to its original look.

I will create a thread around the restoration process when I get some time. Still working on the Mechboard64s at the moment.
Amiga 2000 .png

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:39 pm

$199?? Wow! That's a total steal! Congrats!

I'm not a fan of the black paint job, but I also don't really care what people do with their own hardware. I'd be like you, though, and want to try and get her back to original.

I *love* the Amiga 2000, her history, and what she offered at the time (and today). She's a total beast. And at least in my experience - like the A500 - can just about do it all with little to no hassles if you don't go too crazy.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:17 am

Wow! That is a great deal. It was only about 5-6 years ago that an A2000 could be had for the $200 range for the *base* model but these days Amiga prices are through the roof.

rpiguy9907

Posted Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:32 am

intric8 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:39 pm
$199?? Wow! That's a total steal! Congrats!

I'm not a fan of the black paint job, but I also don't really care what people do with their own hardware. I'd be like you, though, and want to try and get her back to original.

I *love* the Amiga 2000, her history, and what she offered at the time (and today). She's a total beast. And at least in my experience - like the A500 - can just about do it all with little to no hassles if you don't go too crazy.
I have painted before but only on complete lost causes. I am such a nut about maintaining the original look that I am considering taking the GoTek out of this one. If I have to use a GoTek I prefer them external with a switch mod to make the external drive DF0:

McTrinsic

Posted Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:25 am

Impressive find at this price and in this time.

Now you are responsible to take care of this machine and treat it well...
I see costs for expansions coming up :D .

;)

rpiguy9907

Posted Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:20 pm

I already need my first upgrade :-)

She arrived from UPS and booted right up!

Of course she also required emergency surgery. I opened her up to see if Varta the Destroyer was still in there and sure enough I got to it just in the nick of time.

Now I have to figure out some other solution for a real time clock battery, sigh.
IMG_1111.jpg

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:42 pm

Oooh, that was a close call. I have noticed a bunch of cases of all kinds going on Ebay lately, no doubt cause of people transplanting their amiga's into the new checkmate case. If you are wanting the origional spec, I am sure you should be able to pick up a case quite cheaply.

Christian

Posted Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:12 pm

If you pick up a replacement case, then I’d be interested in the black painted one.

Return to “Conquests”