rpiguy9907

Posted Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:31 am

down3db wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:23 am
So the goal is just to make a little PCB with an FPGA and inject some code which already exists?

That should be pretty doable, where's the code at and what size do the PCBs need to be?

I've been interested in doing something like this for a while.
You could easily re-use code from MISTER or Minimig for the core functionality of the replacement chips, but you would have to write new VHDL to handle the pins and data coming in and out of the FPGA... this is not implemented in the MISTER or Minimig because they aren't actually communicating off of the FPGA (the CPU and Custom chips are all on board).

The code is not trivial, you have to understand all the timing nuances of the pins and also you will likely need external circuitry to go from a 3.3V I/O on the FPGA to 5V on the Amiga.

Ole42

Posted Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:51 am

I realy like the idea of FPGA replacement chips.

One I would realy be interested in: Gayle for Gary socket, adding IDE and PCMCIA functionality to all OCS/ECS Amigas. While IDE has alternatives (like IDE68k), and is quite slow anyway, PCMCIA as an easy solution to add: Network, CD-drive or CF-Cards is quite interesting. While might need some wires to other chips, I always wanted PCMCIA for A500,500+,2000 and CDTV.

It would not only be a replacement, but an upgrade. Also such an upgrade would cost less than a Lan-card...

SileliS

Posted Sun May 21, 2023 2:13 pm

I wonder If there is possibility connect Logic level analyser probes to any costume Amiga chip log it and feed deep learning algorithms with those data to make them understand chips logic and reproduce it on FPGA?

Return to “Hardware”