Sutton, MA USA

Posted Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:03 pm

Story on BoingBoing

cool.

--codevark

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:24 pm

I saw this. Very cool concept, and of course a tiny bit controversial in the sense that not a single C64 title was highlighted.

I would have at least put Last Ninja in there, even if it did make a lot of little kids cry. Or maybe IK+ or Paradroid.

At the end of the day, though, I guess a lot of the games for the C64 that are fondly remembered on the system were either ports or (ducks for cover) from the US, after scanning the top-ten list over at Lemon. Here's their Top 25:
Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 11.18.08 AM.png
O-oh Say Can You See...?

Out of those 25 games, out of the UK I see:

Last Ninja 2
IK+
Elite (port from BBC Micro version)
Bubble Bobble (port from Taito)
Paradroid
Laser Squad (port from ZX Spectrum)

When you eliminate the ports, it's surprising to only see 3 games. But they are top shelf, no doubt about it. A Last Ninja 2 stamp would have been super cool!

From a personal perspective, I was quite impressed and pleased to see Populous make the cut. Love that game. Populous II is one of my favorite games of all time from the UK on Amiga.

From an Amiga Love standpoint, holy smokes the Royal Mail absolutely adores Amiga! <3

nadoom

Posted Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:44 am

I ordered and received these the other day, most of them are Amiga classics which is cool. Some good games were missed out for legal reasons I think.

Usually Amigas get forgotten entirely and the focus is on spectrum and acorn ( that's the British establishment for you) so it's nice to see a bit of recognition of my favourite machine 🙂, I'll post a pic in a bit

Return to “Retro Corner”