As some may recall, I've been working on a side project for the last few months. Since I'm fortunate to have two A3000's, I kept one mostly stock like it was the day it was originally assembled in 1990. The other one I've made a bit of a pricey plaything.
It has currently installed:
- a zz9000 HDMI RTG graphics card
- 8MB Zip on the motherboard (I had ordered 16 but the shipment was incomplete. I'm 3 chips short! So annoying.
- A SCSI2SD card with a small 512MB card
- Amiga OS 3.1
- P96, zz9000 drivers
- BigRAM+ 256MB Fast
And soon to be installed:
- X-Surf (I really just want the USB port)
- Extra Serial card for more devices
- Magic Workbench
And a few more odds and ends that lean on 3.0+ machines. I'm really a pretty hard core 1.3 guy, but it's been fun exploring the 3.0 world. I'll save those thoughts for another day.
But one thing I really like is an icon paint program called Iconian. It was created by Chad Randall out of Michigan © 1993-1996.
The UI has some weird quirks I'm trying to overcome, but the toolset is eye-poppingly good. I hope to get well-versed in it enough to create some cool stuff eventually.