A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Wed May 03, 2023 8:24 pm

I've got a 3875 Fat Agnus (319069-11 20VBB) and as I understand it I need some adapter to make it work with my NTSC Amiga1000. Anyone know where I can get one of these adapters ?

luvwagn

Posted Wed May 03, 2023 9:55 pm

If you're building a rejuvenator, you can solder in a socket adapter, which typically has its own ram.
Mega Chip

If you already have a rejuvenator and don't want to desolder existing agnus socket, then you need a plcc plug style adapter.
Mega Chip - PLCC Version

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Thu May 04, 2023 12:01 am

@ luvwagn

I’m in the process of putting together my Rejuvenator so this adapter will include the additional 1MB chip ram so I don’t have to add any ram chips on the Rejuvenator??? If so I just soldered in those ram sockets for nothing ;)

m0c
Utrecht, Netherlands

Posted Thu May 04, 2023 12:46 am

This thread is going nowhere. Please, let's keep things clear and not suggest all sorts of shady different workarounds when @Fantomen has already reported success with this simple board, a PAL Agnus 390544-01 and 2MB RAM (4x 514400)
A1-X1000 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 8:24 pm
I've got a 8375 Fat Agnus (318069-11 20VBB) and as I understand it I need some adapter to make it work with my NTSC Amiga1000.
I took the liberty of correcting your typos (in bold).

318069-11 is the NTSC version of 318069-10.
318069-10 is the VBB version of 390544-01. VBB means that a 100nF capacitor should be mounted between pin 40 and GND.
Anyone know where I can get one of these adapters ?
I will ask a friend of mine who has recently ordered 10 adapter boards. You can always upload the gerber files to a PCB manufacturer like jlcpcb.com yourself.

My apologies for coming across a little peeved. I know from experience how frustrating it can be to be wavering over a project when things appear to be not 100% straightforward.

luvwagn

Posted Thu May 04, 2023 2:27 am

Are you addressing me, and what's shady here?

Being able to skip the entire ram section and SOJ to DIP adapters can be useful in some cases. The adapters I linked already come with 2MB RAM on-board, and allow direct use of VBB 2MB Agnus chips (which are more available than the 2MB 8372AB etc)

If the builder wants to only do 1MB, lots of other more affordable routes to go.

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Thu May 04, 2023 8:44 am

just trying to figure out the best solution that will work with 8375 and give me 2MB chip with no issues & less headaches :D

If someone here can confirm that the adapter with the onboard chip ram works well I think that’s a better option for me as I don’t have to seek out the ram chips

luvwagn

Posted Thu May 04, 2023 5:24 pm

A1-X1000 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 8:44 am
just trying to figure out the best solution that will work with 8375 and give me 2MB chip with no issues & less headaches :D

If someone here can confirm that the adapter with the onboard chip ram works well I think that’s a better option for me as I don’t have to seek out the ram chips
if you are dead-set on using your 8375 Agnus, you need an adapter. If you go for a simple adapter with no RAM on it, then you still have to populate your Rejuvenator RAM with "hard to find" DIP chips, and/or use SOJ-to-DIP adapters. If you go for an adapter that is ready-made for a VBB 8375 and already includes the 2MB of RAM, then you don't need to seek out DIP chips, and/or don't need to seek out SOJ-to-DIP adapters, etc.

Have you soldered in your Agnus PLCC socket yet - yes/no?

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Thu May 04, 2023 6:01 pm

luvwagn wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 5:24 pm
A1-X1000 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 8:44 am

if you are dead-set on using your 8375 Agnus, you need an adapter. If you go for a simple adapter with no RAM on it, then you still have to populate your Rejuvenator RAM with "hard to find" DIP chips, and/or use SOJ-to-DIP adapters. If you go for an adapter that is ready-made for a VBB 8375 and already includes the 2MB of RAM, then you don't need to seek out DIP chips, and/or don't need to seek out SOJ-to-DIP adapters, etc.

Have you soldered in your Agnus PLCC socket yet - yes/no?
Nope not yet ! Last thing I did was solder in all the ram sockets ;)
Would love to here from others that have successfully used the adapter with the built in ram with the Rejuvenator

@ mods

Be nice to have this epic thread pinned here in the hardware section :boing: <3

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sat May 06, 2023 7:14 pm

@ luvwagn

The site set off a security warning from my browser so I'm hesitant to leave my info on an unsecure site? Would you happen to know of another site that sells these adapters?

update:
emailed site from their website & waiting to hear back

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Mon May 15, 2023 6:31 pm

emailed site again as never heard back & still waiting? Has anyone here bought from this website/store ?

Return to “Hardware”