obitus1990
USA

Posted Sun May 14, 2023 7:28 pm

I am in need of schematics / service manual for the 1960 Amiga multisync monitor. I've had no luck finding one online to assist me in fixing my dead one.

Thanks!

gordanian
Green Camp, Ohio

Posted Mon May 15, 2023 9:35 pm

Hope this helps! (see link below)

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:23 pm

I'm currently recapping this monitor, so I compiled a list of all 54 electrolytic capacitors on the chassis and neck board.

Hope this helps anyone else trying to bring one of these back to life.

Commodore 1960 MultiSync Monitor Capacitor List

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:37 pm

Fixed! After 6 years of being dead, the 1960 lives again. I replaced all the caps, HOT, and flyback, with no change. Reflowed a few suspect solder joints, but it was still dead... you can see the SMPS was shorting based on the power LED pulsing like it was resetting constantly and any measured voltages were on and off. A slight ticking could be heard, too. Ultimately, I found a shorted diode at D805. I replaced it and boom, I have high voltage and an image on the screen! Adjustment of B+ to 86V was done and the screen/focus controls were dialed in. Glad to finally be able to put this monitor back into its case.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:46 pm

@obitus1990 dude that is f'ing AWESOME! Some day you could follow in the footsteps of Ray Carlsen himself. (Wish you lived in WA state!) =)

Congrats - that's simply tremendous. What a way to get started for 2024!

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:00 pm

Thanks, Eric. Ray Carlsen is irreplaceable, IMO, in the C= scene. I hope someone's able to fill his shoes when the day comes...probably won't be me, I'm just an amateur :)

gordanian
Green Camp, Ohio

Posted Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:25 am

My previous post link had recently been broken. So posting again for anyone needing it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tkakpZ ... p=drivesdk

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:32 am

obitus1990 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:37 pm
Fixed! After 6 years of being dead, the 1960 lives again. I replaced all the caps, HOT, and flyback, with no change. Reflowed a few suspect solder joints, but it was still dead... you can see the SMPS was shorting based on the power LED pulsing like it was resetting constantly and any measured voltages were on and off. A slight ticking could be heard, too. Ultimately, I found a shorted diode at D805. I replaced it and boom, I have high voltage and an image on the screen! Adjustment of B+ to 86V was done and the screen/focus controls were dialed in. Glad to finally be able to put this monitor back into its case.
Great work! Sounds like persistence definitely paid off. One of these days I'll put some time into this arcing 1701 of mine. It has a great screen otherwise.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:50 am

I found some time to connect the monitor to my A3000 today. Overall, things look good, with a couple exceptions. The edges of the screen are exhibiting what I think is barrel distortion at the edges of the screen. I'll have to go back to the manual and see how to fix this with the various controls on the board itself, if it's possible. But, more distracting is the banding I see in the center of the screen. Any old CRT techs know what this would be caused by and how to fix it? It can be seen in the angled photo, as it's hard to get CRT photographs. The pointer is in the area in question.
IMG_5782.jpeg
IMG_5780.jpg

Return to “Hardware”