Mickatroid

Posted Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:54 pm

Could be the space, <execute> is just grabbing the bit before the space. Quotes around the whole script file name might have fixed it too.

Mickatroid

Posted Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:51 pm

Intric8 is your installation perfectly reliable on your SCSItoSD? Mine never was. I updated my blog after HOURS of work with some information about testing and how replicated the fault for testing and how I fixed it.

My SCSItoSD install was never stable, some small thing would bring it down and the WB install would need to be refreshed. However the failures were difficult to replicate. I now have a method. Leave Out and Put Away the DOpus 4 icon a few times. This would reliably ruin all my partitions, often first try.

I wondered if the extra compatibility from the newer polled SCSI driver (on AMINET) 'ROM' would overcome the problem. It did.

I needed to jumper link 30 which created some problems. First my WB1.3 install cannot see any other partitions. No big deal but it means it cannot throw over to 3.1 and trying to run the Phoenix file from the archive under Kickstart 1.3 causes a reboot cycle (the archive does say 2.04 is the minimum Kickstart required.). Second the Amiga needs a soft reset after power on to start, pesky but livable until I get a different SCSI emulator (or not).

I now choose my boot partition under Kickstart 3.1 by holding down both mouse buttons, twice actually given the polled SCSI driver commands a reboot. There is no way around this either if I want to ever be able to boot from Kickstart 1.3. I will most likely make a second card with my WB3.1 from floppy as the default boot and Classic Workbench on a second partition. I may even get PFS3 working (I could not get it going as a boot drive under the onboard Phoenix SCSI ROM.)

McTrinsic

Posted Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:08 am

For PFS3 in the Phoenix you need to use the „custom“ variant of PFS3AIO.

Toni Wilen created that one specifically for the Phoenix and „similar braindead controllers“ 😆 after we went debugging.

That one works like a charm.

McTrinsic

Posted Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:13 am

Mickatroid wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:54 pm
Could be the space, <execute> is just grabbing the bit before the space. Quotes around the whole script file name might have fixed it too.
In case you refer to my startup-sequence.

The new name for the WB1.3 s-s is conceptually required.

My WB1.3 is on the first partition that also has the highest boot priority. As such, it will always execute the file „startup-sequence“ from the WB1.3-partition in S:

Now, if you then want to execute the s-s you need for actual WB1.3, you already have one file named Startup-sequence. Hence you need a new one.

Mickatroid

Posted Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:29 am

McTrinsic wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:08 am
For PFS3 in the Phoenix you need to use the „custom“ variant of PFS3AIO.

Toni Wilen created that one specifically for the Phoenix and „similar braindead controllers“ 😆 after we went debugging.

That one works like a charm.
WOW, I was wondering what that was for. Thanks heaps.

simonwildcat

Posted Thu May 04, 2023 4:12 pm

Just regarding having to leave the lid off: if you have a hard drive installed you are supposed to mount it like this with the mount brackets that Pheonix supplied, and then the lid can go back on.
PhoenixHardDrive.jpg

A10001986

Posted Fri May 26, 2023 1:54 am

I lost 2 of those Quantums in similar configurations due to heat. Unless you install a powerful fan somewhere, this drive is doomed.

Return to “Hardware”