User avatar
Seattle, WA, USA
Website Twitter

Posted Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:16 pm

Last summer my daughter took a 3D printing camp at the University of Washington. When her camp was over, we got a brand new Monoprice 3D printer as a parting gift to encourage her to keep her making things.
The 3D printer sits upon my Commodore filing cabinet.

Naturally I put it in my office (she can use it any tie she wants!). But after setting it up, no matter what I tried I couldn't get it to print.

Last week I took it to the Seattle Commodore Computer Club where several people took it apart to see what was up, let by Mattsoft. After about 30 minutes they figured out that the printer had been shipped from the factory with a piece of filament inside the nozzle that would not come out on its own no matter how how I made it. But they were able to dig it out and get it working! To think - the quality controls at Monoprice involve a test print, but that very process makes it unusable out of the box! Pretty crappy...

Anyway after my first test print today, I quickly printed a piece I've needed for a few months now: the Ultimate64 & C64 Reloaded power connector cover.
Fresh from the printer.

It came out great! Oh, so many things to print now!
This weird looking part fills the giant gap between the power adapter and the case.

It takes a single screw to install.

Looks sweet! I can't wait to print more little handy parts like this one.

User avatar

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:05 am

Nice!! Thanks for the write-up, and that little part looks great. :) I really, really, really want to get into 3D printing this coming year.

User avatar
Roseville, CA

Posted Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:21 am

FWIW, this is my little contrib to the Amiga+3d printing marriage:

Return to “The Lounge”